Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pizza in the city?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Simple enough... In your opinion, where does the best pizza in Cork?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ginos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

mizzoni on coburg st, just off mac curtain st.
    i always go for the calzone combo - delicious, and they do free delivery before 1am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

CafeBarDeli by far but also (surprisingly) Uncle Petes.
    Ginos.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Nice one, I haven't tried any of these places. I'm working with a group of Italian students and they've been looking for good pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Amicus have some fantastic pizza's at really good prices for a sit in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rebelccfc

I love the Pizza in Il Padrino

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone been to novacentos?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Yeah, Novecento is brilliant, actual live-blooded Italians own it as well! Crispy bases, traditional toppings, beside Fionnbaras so great before/after/in between pints.

Ginos is ok, but imo it's a homogenised version of pizza. Too much cheese, too dense base...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

kaki wrote: »
    Yeah, Novecento is brilliant, actual live-blooded Italians own it as well! Crispy bases, traditional toppings, beside Fionnbaras so great before/after/in between pints.
    I second that. Novacento en route on my walk into town, good way to start the night eating a slice on the way to the pub, Beautiful Pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

kaki wrote: »

Ginos is ok, but imo it's a homogenised version of pizza. Too much cheese, too dense base...

+1 for Novecento, very good pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Uncle Pete's is very tasty,

I've heard great things about Fat Freddie's in Monkstown actually.... Must go down and try it

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Milanos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Amicus for me , great choice and they do takeaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ailleacht

Hello All,
    might check out some of those reccomendations. I live in Fermoy and the Wimpys Siciliana (onion and mushroom) is the best pizza i have tasted. If you are ever out in the countryside.....PB

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fyda

Dominos! :D

Or Donatello's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

novocentos is miiiint!!! uncle petes and mizzonis ae geat too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 seanTynan

Sober Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Red Storm wrote: »
    novocentos is miiiint!!!
    Where is this place?? I love lucianos!!

seanTynan wrote: »
    Sober Lane

lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

RoverJames wrote: »
    lol.

Have you tried them because they're really good. Their rocket and parma ham is the closest I've gotten to that pizza in Italy. First stop in the city would be Uncle Pete's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

seanTynan wrote: »
    Sober Lane
    RoverJames wrote: »
    lol.

Why? Sober Lane pizza is lovely.

Uncle Petes is really great, but very very dear. I still quite like 4 star and even Apache as well. That said, I just like pizza. I love the make your own in Dunnes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Have you tried them because they're really good. Their rocket and parma ham is the closest I've gotten to that pizza in Italy. First stop in the city would be Uncle Pete's.

An exact copy of a pizza in Amicus, just minus the feta cheese :p

Hogzy wrote: »
    An exact copy of a pizza in Amicus, just minus the feta cheese :p

Wait, are you accusing Sober lane of copying an Amicus pizza, because it's a fairly standard - without feta - pizza in Italy :confused:

gimmick wrote: »
    Why? Sober Lane pizza is lovely.

Uncle Petes is really great, but very very dear. I still quite like 4 star and even Apache as well. That said, I just like pizza. I love the make your own in Dunnes as well.

Their baguettes are very good value. Had a desire for their steak and cheese on saturday, but was lazy and phoned Dominos for pizza; it was a bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can't believe no one has mentioned Fast Als! DIVINE! I wish you get whole pizzas and not just by the slice cos i would devour a whole one by myself no prob!:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Fast Als! DIVINE! I wish you get whole pizzas and not just by the slice cos i would devour a whole one by myself no prob!:D

You can.

You can.

you can???!!! WHERE WHERE??! I thought the one across from GPO only does by the slice?

leahyl wrote: »
    you can???!!! WHERE WHERE??! I thought the one across from GPO only does by the slice?

The one on the corner of South Main St. and Castle St.

• Advertisement

The one on the corner of South Main St. and Castle St.

Oh that's brilliant - never knew that! Thanx:D

Advertisement