Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pizza in the city?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

leahyl wrote: »
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Fast Als! DIVINE! I wish you get whole pizzas and not just by the slice cos i would devour a whole one by myself no prob!:D
    I wish the opposite re Novecento - even their smallest size is too much for me. Great pizza though. And Fast Al's is yum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

TBH, Pizza's are like BJ's, even when they are bad, they are still pretty good.

That said, I just love Pizza, no matter where I get it! :D I really couldn't decide on the best because I would keep finding pro's about other ones and comparing them in a circle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TBH, Pizza's are like BJ's, even when they are bad, they are still pretty good.

That said, I just love Pizza, no matter where I get it! :D I really couldn't decide on the best because I would keep finding pro's about other ones and comparing them in a circle! :D

what if you could get a pizza that was made up of slices from all the best places in Cork?? eh eh??! Now THAT would be GOOD!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

what if you could get a pizza that was made up of slices from all the best places in Cork?? eh eh??! Now THAT would be GOOD!:D

In that case Pizza would be like sex with the perfect sexual partner! :D

In that case Pizza would be like sex with the perfect sexual partner! :D

ie a very good BJ :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

pizza d'italia on the grand parade for me.....unreal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The Brick Oven (formerly Proby's Bistro) near St Finnbarre's do nice ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Business idea!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

BArra wrote: »
    anyone been to novacentos?
    The best in the city,no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

Can someone tell me where novacentos is?

Never heard of the place before!

• Advertisement

I've never been but googled it and it's on Douglas Street

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

Novecentos. It's savage. Best in the city imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Novecentos.

One of the few places in the whole of Ireland that actually does decent pizza!!!
    Just like I remember it from Italy, perfect crust, yummy tomato sauce, great cheese, I could gorge myself just on their Margharita. And their toppings are dreamy... try the roast vegetable one, I've been there with Italian friends and even they were impressed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Milanos

I was there last week with work collegues, and the pizza was just gorgeous! Won't be long till I'm there again, definately recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

nicegirl wrote: »
    I was there last week with work collegues, and the pizza was just gorgeous! Won't be long till I'm there again, definately recommend it

Can't bring myself to go there after the one in the IFSC where the standard is appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Without a doubt, Milano. When there are these big companies who have absolutely perfected the taste of the pizza, nothing else can compare.

Anyone who has mentioned Amicus has no clue about pizza! They use like Dolmio sauce.

I have tried a number of the other places and I constantly go back to the cheaper, faster and tastier stuff in Milano.

Ed.

Vivara wrote: »
    Without a doubt, Milano. When there are these big companies who have absolutely perfected the taste of the pizza, nothing else can compare.

Anyone who has mentioned Amicus has no clue about pizza! They use like Dolmio sauce.

I have tried a number of the other places and I constantly go back to the cheaper, faster and tastier stuff in Milano.

Ed.

You can buy Milano pizzas half price in Tesco at the mo.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

This topic has really gotten people posting!

Looks like I have a few pizzas to try :)
    Sounds like the first two places I should try:

Novocentos & Uncle Pete's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Not sure if its been mentioned and i only have eaten there once but the brick oven near the cathedral is hands down corks best pizza. You can close the thread now

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned and i only have eaten there once but the brick oven near the cathedral is hands down corks best pizza. You can close the thread now

I'm going there on Friday!! Which pizza would you recommend?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Its the street behind my place Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HighOnFire

Novecentos without a doubt! My friends once brought pizza into the house and offered me a slice. I was like: "another ordinary pizza from xy pizzeria?" and the i couldnt believe my taste buds.. absolute savage.. pizza as it should be. My recommendations. A+ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Is Uncle Pete's takeaway only or can I sit in there and have my lunch? On just-eat.ie it says they only deliver to the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Dammit lads, thanks for tempting me. I'll pop my Novacento cherry this weekend, sounds fantastic. I'd also give a big +1 to Milano, they're delicious, and they do ridiculously cheap offers on their site every month or two.

Also worthy of a recommendation is Bacco in Ballincollig. Closest thing to a real Italian restaurant in Ireland as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'll pop my Novacento cherry this weekend.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

sunnyside wrote: »
    Is Uncle Pete's takeaway only or can I sit in there and have my lunch? On just-eat.ie it says they only deliver to the northside.

Takeaway only but you can take the pizza next door to The Bierhaus and eat it there in good company.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

The Brick Oven Restaurant do the best ever pizza in Cork City, because they have wood burning ovens, really thin crusts, gorgeous toppings. They are located opposite Finbarr's Cathedral, on French's Quay close to South Gate Bridge. They have a restaurant in Bantry. Before I was here, my favourite pizza was Cafe Bar Deli but they have changed their menu so we found ourselves in The Brick Oven in Cork. Try it, prices good and staff very nice. I think this opened just this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Vivara wrote: »

Ed.

I agree, Amicus pizzas are big stodgy crusty bases and dry, wouldn't recommend Amicus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Fast als:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Oleander wrote: »
    The Brick Oven Restaurant do the best ever pizza in Cork City, because they have wood burning ovens, really thin crusts, gorgeous toppings. They are located opposite Finbarr's Cathedral, on French's Quay close to South Gate Bridge. They have a restaurant in Bantry. Before I was here, my favourite pizza was Cafe Bar Deli but they have changed their menu so we found ourselves in The Brick Oven in Cork. Try it, prices good and staff very nice. I think this opened just this year.

was there once - never again !!!!!!

Advertisement