Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win tickets to All Ireland Quarter Finals in Croke Park this weekend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rlilac

For my pledge to save energy I will take more showers then baths. I will also not leave any appliances on stand by. Tickets for the Saturday Dublin match would be brilliant thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

I'm wary of being too verbose and making pledges I know I won't/can't make, so how about this: I've been composting my waste food rather than dumping it, and I'll ensure I don't buy an ouce of fertilizer for my home-grown vegtables (a carbon saving venture in and of itself, if I may be so bold!) until all the composte is used!

If my luck is in, getting to see the Sunday games as a Meath man living in Roscommon would be a little bit special!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I plan to grow my own food crops in an allotment plot to reduce the familys carbon footprint by eliminating packaging/transport costs for fresh produce and at the same time to increase my recycling efforts in composting piles.

Saturday game please.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Started cycling to train station and travelling by train to work instead of driving in January….BUT I pledge to do more.I will start switching off electrical appliance when not in useI will walk the 5 mins to the shop instead of drivingI will pull all curtains at night to keep the heat inside the houseI will put the amount of water I actually require in to the kettle instead of filling it upI will switch all light bulbs to energy efficient bulbsI will hang my clothes out on the clothes line instead of using the tumble dryer.I would lovwe tickets for Sunday for the cork match PLEASE

From a dedicated supporter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Qwertyuiop

I pledge to:

- Make more use of natural light and plug out all appliances not in use and leave the electrical lights off in rooms not in use/when natural light is sufficient

- Take shorter showers, for the rest of the summer I will reduce the temperature of the water

(Saturday game pls)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Wild Rover

I pledge to: Travel to Croke Park by bus rather than driving, and to make sure all lights are turned off before leaving the house. Its something ill do my best to keep up in the future as well

Would love tickets for Saturday please!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LovelyHurlin

I pledge to do the little things well:
    - Reduce the temperature on the thermostat for my central heating by 1 degree.
    - Only boil the kettle once, with the minimum water needed, when I want an oul cup of tea.
    - Don't leave the immersion on for longer than needed. Just enough for a quick shower!

Tickets for Saturday would be savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Not Interested

Pledge:

I pledge to take the bus or get a lift to croke park instead of adding another car to the road.

I would love the Dublin/Tyrone tickets! Cheers :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

And the winners are?? :)

**drum roll**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The winners have just been notified by PM. Given we're quite tight on time, we've had to fore-go the usual "what's your real name and details" question we'd ask all winners of a competition of this sort and so I've passed on the Boards.ie Usernames to the folks organising this for us in Cúl Green so the winners can collect their tickets.

However, given that there are some unsavoury types out there who would take advantage of the fact that Boards.ie Usernames are not mentioned on people's official ID, I'd rather not post the winners names until after the fact incase someone claims tickets that don't belong to them. I'm sure you can all appreciate our reasons for this.

All that remains is for me to say a big thank you to all the people who entered and to the folks at Cúl Green for putting this competition together for us.

Dav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I pledge.

To continue switching off all sockets when appliance not in use.
    To continue to put the right amount of water in kettle per cup required and not filling it to the brim.
    I pledge to have showers at 36 degrees for 10 minutes.
    I pledge to continue using energy saving bulbs.
    I pledge tocontinue to have the temperature of the house at 17 degrees in winter, and only turn heat for 1 hour max when at home.
    I pledge to only do the washing at night, during the weekend and not use the tumble dryer.
    I pledge to turn off radiators in the rooms not in use.
    Sunday tickets please. A nice birthday present!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Lando you should pledge to enter competitions on time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

No harm in asking but If anyone gets tickets for Sunday that they dont want let me know (ALready have some for Saturday!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cul Green

Thanks Dav and Darragh for organising it, bit last minute but hope all enjoy. We should be back with more tickets for the semis and finals,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I'd rather see Cork in the final anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Lando you should pledge to enter competitions on time :D

It took me days to compile, even fell asleep at my computer last night coming up with ideas, the OH went ballistic when she came down this morning me asleep at computer, lights on and telly blaring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 StuckintheMud1

I pledge to turn of everything electrical if theres a chance I'm going to fall asleep soon [or put it on a timer].

I pledge to only boil the water needed in the kettle.

I pledge to not have lights on during the day when not necessary [like, to light it up a bit just].

Would prefer tickets for tomorrow, but I just love a good aul match so I wouldnt mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Justin10

i went in today and there was no tickets for me????

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chuckin

Rochey18 wrote: »
    i went in today and there was no tickets for me????

Err, what happened?

Went up to the office said picking up tickets. Asked for receipt, told him was won in a competition. He said no problem went and got the tickets, asked for my user name and there was no ticket for that name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Chuckin

Went up to the office said picking up tickets. Asked for receipt, told him was won in a competition. He said no problem went and got the tickets, asked for my user name and there was no ticket for that name.
    You really need to email Darragh or Dav about this! I something's wrong then a bunch more people will get screwed tommorow. Did you end up paying to get in afterwards?

Ye got two tickets for the hill, il do that now. Was a bit of a pain alri.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I went today. No problems. Told them I won them in a competition and told them my username. I'm sure your tickets turned up in the boxes at the end of the day. Probably mislaid by the box office.

Thanks Cul Green and boards.ie. Great matches

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

christo82 wrote: »
    I went today. No problems. Told them I won them in a competition and told them my username. I'm sure your tickets turned up in the boxes at the end of the day. Probably mislaid by the box office.

Thanks Cul Green and boards.ie. Great matches

Same with me, no problems I just brought a printout of the pm with me and collected the tickets. Thanks also boards.ie and Cúl Green, We had a brilliant day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I collected tickets for Sundays game today. Called in at 10am and they hadnt a clue about any competition at Gill's Corner. They said come back in 30 minutes and then when i got there was a box full of envelopes with the tickets. Theyre for the Lower Canal

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Thanks. Great matches. In the Davin stand. :D Amazing goals. No problems getting the tickets. They were a bit clumsy with the envelopes it seemed, they dropped a few while I was there. :L Maybe thats what happened? Thanks again. :D

Seems like they misplaced them,,,was quite dissapointed but god up the dubs great day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Seems like they misplaced them,,,was quite dissapointed but god up the dubs great day.

Maybe the lads at cul green could contact them about a refund for your hill tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Thanks for the saturday tickets :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

Thanks for the tickets. Pity about the result though :(

Advertisement