Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sparkplug fouling

• 29-07-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

have a 2004 peugeot jetforce 49cc (i know, i know!), its the fuel injected model.

i bought it as a non runner that supposedly just needed a battery, so i gave it a new battery and spark plug and it started no problem.

been using it for about 2 months and everything was going great till i went to spain 2 weeks ago. bike was left sitting up for 10 days, when i went to start it it wouldnt start.

took the spark plug out and it was badly fouled, gave it a good cleaning and bike started no problem. used it all last week for work then aprked it up friday evening. went to start it monday and same problem again.

so the plug is soaking in oil when i take it out to clean it.

its pis*ing me off now as some days it will start in the morning no problwm then others its too fouled and have to take it out and clean it before work.

could it be the wrong spark plug? maybe not hot enough?

or could the oil pump be stuck open maybe?

cheers

rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

just to update, lad had a look at my spark plug eysterday and said its running too rich, its all black.

anyone know anywhere that could have a look at the injectors for me?

cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My recommendation: Ditch the hairdryer and get a real bike

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

(I know the op I'm only playing with him :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lol i have a real car :P

the hair dryer is jus for work, cant beat it!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

copeyhagen wrote: »
    lol i have a real car :P

the hair dryer is jus for work, cant beat it!!!

Cage talk! BAN!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement