Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ovulation cramp and ttc

Options
  • 29-07-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

hello people :) just wondering about ovulation cramp. mine normally lasts on and off for day or two..anybody else experiance that? we are ttc this is our first month.didnt really work out for us this month well im not sure yet but id doubt it! this is what happened for me this month period wed night 14th july. ttc fri 23rd, cramp 27th july still have cramp on and off untill today 29th of july-i know it ovulation cramp not asking if its a pregnancy cramp :) has anybody gotten preggers from only having sex four days before ovulation. could i still get pregnant now ttc today since i still have a twinge of ovulation cramp. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

it is within the realm of possibility that you could be pregnant having had sex 4 days before ovulation (if that is when you ovulated). For me the pinching ovulation pain can last 4 or 5 days, with ovulation happening on one of those days (could be in the middle or the end).

In general, the 'fertile window' in the cycle starts about 4-5 days before ovulation, and ends about 12 to 24 hours after ovulation. This is because sperm can live in your body for approximately 4 to 5 days (so if intercourse occurs before ovulation, as seems to be your case, they can literally hang around in your uterus waiting for the guest of honour [the egg] to arrive!). The egg can live for 12 to 24 hours after being released. Since the egg cannot survive for more than a day, this is the fertile window available to you to attempt getting pregnant.

If I were you I'd continue to have intercourse (once a day) until the ovulation pain is gone, take a day break and and go again one more time for good measure! good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

thanks... its really confusing. iv been getting ovulation cramp for ages now feel really in tune with my body,still get the feeling it'l take us a long time to conceive though but i hope not. from what iv read a lot of people only get ov pain for a few mins to an hour, mine goes on... unless im releasing more than one egg. il never know. just really wanto conceive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

talkin wrote: »
    thanks... its really confusing. iv been getting ovulation cramp for ages now feel really in tune with my body,still get the feeling it'l take us a long time to conceive though but i hope not. from what iv read a lot of people only get ov pain for a few mins to an hour, mine goes on... unless im releasing more than one egg. il never know. just really wanto conceive

you make a valid point re releasing more than one egg.... I believe I've done this on occasion, so having conceived may have produced twins. I had a cycle of 4 positive ovulation tests (they were digital so no confusion re darkness of lines or anything), negative for three days, then a positive again... I didn't get pregnant that cycle though....

It's great that you're reading up and researching info, but just remember everyone is different, so what you read online and in books is general info., some of which may not apply for you. It is totally normal to get ovulation pain for a few days so don't worry about that ;)

sending positive good luck vibes your way!

Advertisement