Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dicey's?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I've never been, and a few ppl suggested we head there for an upcoming event?

Any thoughts? What type of place is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Great place for a session, and if you go on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thrsday the pints are cheap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

At the weekends it's a horrendous hell-pit where guys attempt to chat-up girls by flexing their muscles at them (yes, seriously!).

Terrible music, way too packed.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Great pub for a party. I've organised work parties there and gone to birthday parties there.
    Tues - 2 euro a drink, wed, 2.50 a drink, thurs 3 euro a drink.
    nice beer garden too with its own bars, bbq etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

The security are knob ends - they don't let you stand anywhere, and herd you around like sheep until you're either on the dance floor or squeezed in between people at tables. Oh and you can't get in with a hood, one of them wouldn't let my mate in because he was wearing a (quite expensive) Ted Baker knitted cardigan which happened to have a hood. He made him go down the street, take it off and come back up with it in his hand.

Good value on drinks midweek though, pints aren't the best mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Hate the place, bouncers are ignorant pr***s and beer is muck. Agree with the above about being herded around. Won't be returning anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

its great provided you arent a knacker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

skregs wrote: »
    its great provided you arent a knacker

I'm far from a knacker and think the place smacks of pretention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Cant beat €3 pints and bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is it still over 20's?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

I was in there Tuesday. Fiver in and €2 for pints. Should have got bottles though as those pints are watered down piss but at that price i suppose you cant complain too much. Packed in there, full of Spanish for some reason.

The security are w@nkers though. They are all over the place, swollen with steroids, look like they are Turkish or the like- somewhere with no drink culture. Stand on a step and they move you. As soon as you pay for your drink they ask you to move away from the bar. Its like a production line in there. You get used to being screwed by Dublin pubs but Diceys dont try to hide it

Verdict: ill spend a few bob extra and drink over on Wexford St next time im out midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

Hm, doesn't sound too promising.

They have bouncers at the bar to move you away? seems odd, what about ppl who like to drink at the bar. I'm guessing not that type of place.

I'm girl (22) so usually bouncers ignore me. Off the booze so it'll be 7up all the way, so getting screwed on prices everywhere.

Am I right in thinking it would be similar to Coppers?....

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Delicate, go to Flannerys. You will love it. Will be busy but its a laid back friendly crowd. People from 20 -30 or thereabouts. Actually i might go there myself later!

Cheers! I like flannerys myself. But unfortunately I don't have a vote. :(
    It's tomorrow night.

P.S : love the nickname btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

The security are w@nkers though. They are all over the place

Security all over the place a bad thing? Maybe when you visit a particular club in Dublin with a capacity of hundreds and only 4/5 security guys you may change your opinion
    Swollen with steroids
    Thats a very rash accusation to make.Are they standing behing the bar shooting up? Concrete proof or else take it back!
    look like they are Turkish or the like- somewhere with no drink culture

Have you ever been to Turkey? Kusadasi, one of a number of major Turkish holiday resorts visited by thousands of Irish people, has a thriving drinking culture.
    As soon as you pay for your drink they ask you to move away from the bar

I've seen them do this at the outside bar only.What do you propose as an alternative? Perhaps one night when you're waiting for people to move on from the bar after buying a pint, instead of just congregating, you may retract that statement.

While I'm not a fan of Dicey's, I don't think its fair to bash the security with the ridiculous reasons I've outlined. To be honest, anytime I've been there I haven't found the security to be @$$holes

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

El_Drago wrote: »
    Security all over the place a bad thing? Maybe one night when you're approached by some of the scum in Dublin you may change your opinion

Thats a very rash accusation to make.Are they standing behing the bar shooting up? Concrete proof or else take it back!

Have you ever been to Turkey? Kusadasi, one of a number of major Turkish holiday resorts visited by thousands of Irish people, has a thriving drinking culture.

What do you propose they do as an alternative? Perhaps one night when you're waiting for people to move on from the bar after buying a pint, instead of just congregating, you may retract that statement.

While I'm not a fan of Dicey's, I don't think its fair to bash the security with the ridiculous reasons I've outlined. To be honest, anytime I've been there I haven't found the security to be @$$holes
    Hello mr diceys doorman!
    They are tossers pure and simple! Not a bad pub tho, cheap and good smoking area. Better in the day than at night imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

in fairness, never had a bother, they do try aim for a certain clientèle so to speak, maybe you dont all fit in with that, thus the harsh treatment, i'm sure a work function will get the right treatment as if reflects on who they are trying to draw in

Cheers for all of the info!

Advertisement