Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting 120 film developed by post

• 29-07-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I used to get my 120 film developed at Photo Care on Abbey Street, but I've recently changed jobs so I'm not able to get there on my lunch hour any more.

Does anyone know if you can get this done by post? Need somewhere that'll develop and scan in the images - it's just for Flickr and the odd print, doesn't have the be the world's greatest quality or anything.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I use peak imaging but that's in the UK. I find them to be quite good and will do all what you have asked above.

http://peak-imaging.co.uk/

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Pricey for develop and scan of standard 35mm negative film: £24.65 for a decent image size! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

I've used Ilford before but again the full-res scanning wasn't cheap (nothing about film processing is cheap, it seems). I got the low-res scans as I only needed them for the photoblog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Just saw this for some options, I'm not sure about postage to Eire.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 notspav

Thanks all, some good options. Peak seem quite pricey (the place on Abbey St was around €12 ish for 1 roll + CD iirc), but I'll look into a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

notspav wrote: »
    Thanks all, some good options. Peak seem quite pricey (the place on Abbey St was around €12 ish for 1 roll + CD iirc), but I'll look into a bit more.

what res scans were ya getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 notspav

what res scans were ya getting?

Not massive - just checked on Flickr, the files are 1768 x 1768 at 72dpi. The files are between 1mb and 2mb.

That's as big as I need em - I'm very much a film novice, so a long way off having anything that's worth printing at large format!

Advertisement