Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New exam papers

• 29-07-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I was in Easons today and they were stocking out the 2010 edco exam papers. I didn't check if they had codes, but they had all the answers for the maths in the back.

Would that mean they did it themselves or would of gotten it from the Sec??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Seems strange considering the marking scheme hasn't been released by the SEC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They probably paid someone to do the paper.
    I doubt the SEC were involved with a private company.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Crow92 wrote: »
    I was in Easons today and they were stocking out the 2010 edco exam papers. I didn't check if they had codes, but they had all the answers for the maths in the back.

They do them themselves but there are always wrong answers, the sec dont release the till after the LC results so nobody can predict how they did! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Crow92 wrote: »

You don't need a marking scheme to be able to do the paper. Any maths teacher should be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Did all ye correcting get a letter about letting out answers and remaining hush about everything this year? I never got one before...just worth noting...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

whoa! i thought they werent out til like september!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

That explains why there's always so many mistakes in them! God the hours I spent trying to work out some answers in maths and then in the end it turned out to be a feckin' misprint >=[!

hours may be a slight exaggeration..

Advertisement