Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The C&H Fantasy Football Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Going with

94bc5.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any other good leagues? I've joined a load of Boards ones, the one for The Last Word and the Off The Ball one. Any other radio shows or the like that ye know of?

... The Coronas have one...!? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

... The Coronas have one...!? :P

Oh no! Why did you not tell me sooner? I would have loved to join that...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I picked my 15 players last week but completely forgot to pick my starting 11 or a captain so for all I know I have a best players on the bench and a captain who wont score anything. I just couldn't be bothered checking now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Think it was a mistake picking a Liverpool player...

Sickened I chose Sinclair over Michu when putting together my team. :'(

Rectified that situation for GW2 though, and if nothing else I'll be able to offload Michu for a tidy profit when all the bandwagoners like me drive his price up. :)

Pretty miserable start thought, only 8pts so far. :\

10 points so far but only 3 of my players have played so far. Regret not putting Britton into my team cause it looks like he's gonna get a clean sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I had michu :D

anirishlad wrote: »
    I had michu :D

:mad::mad::mad:

Only 13 points from the 4 that played today, but I still have Cech, Torres and Terry to play two games with Torres as captain, so plenty of time to turn it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Only 10 points out of 3 players, but my big players didn't play today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Have Nathan Dyer on my bench, grrrr

Hoping Demba Ba could score...

And Demba Ba Scores!

Up to 19 points from 5. :)

Did so ridiculously bad today :/ Only 3 points from 3 players. All my major players still to play but that's disappointing. One of my players managed to get sent off and concede goals so it dropped me 7 points :/

I f*cking HATE this game. :(

Up to 37 points with Cech, Evra, Terry, Young and Torres(c)(for whatever good the useless bastid will do on Wednesday :mad:) still to play.

Poor you :P Some of us are still only on 21 points! :P

21 is above average though! :P

21 is above average though! :P

I guess! I'd forgotten how rubbish I am at predicting things for Fantasy Football..!

I guess! I'd forgotten how rubbish I am at predicting things for Fantasy Football..!

This is my fourth year doing FF.

I worked out last night that over the course of the past 3 seasons, I averaged 43pts/GW.

Now, if I can average 43/GW when I lose interest in mid-October, surely I can bring my average way up if I actually stick to it this year. :pac:

• Advertisement

I managed to get it up to 21 today, still did miserably though :/ Still have one or two players tog o.

Had bloody Aguero as my captain </3

Same :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

frantic190 wrote: »
    Same :/

I better quietly step into the club...

I had aguero,torres and di santo :mad:

anirishlad wrote: »
    I had aguero,torres and di santo :mad:

The good thing about having Torres is that nearly all your rivals will have him too because of the DGW, so if he does bad for you, he's doing bad for a lot of other people.

Unless he puts in a performance in his next two games, he'll be out of my team in GW3 for Rooney or RVP. He's just too inconsistent to build a team around.

• Advertisement

Alrighty, after a reasonably good start to the season (62pts), hoping to improve this week.

Have made one transfer, getting rid of Sinclair and jumping on the Michu bandwagon (which I did before the price rise :)).

Also changed Captain, promoting McLean who did well last week, and has a home game against Reading.

Gameweek 2 Team
    Cech
    Evra
    Terry
    Kompany
    Michu(V)---Walters---Young---McLean(c)
    Ba
    Graham
    Torres

I thought I did enough this week to steal first place. It's on like donkey kong Mr. Beegan :pac:

I need Kagawa and Tevez to score big this week to offset the 8pt penalty I'll be taking at KO. :pac:

I need Kagawa and Tevez to score big this week to offset the 8pt penalty I'll be taking at KO. :pac:

.... But which one to select as captain!! The dilemma :(

.... But which one to select as captain!! The dilemma :(

Neither. Begovic. :pac:

• Advertisement

Neither. Begovic. :pac:

Ha! Probably safest, because if I chose either of Tevez and Kagawa, I would definitely choose the wrong one! It's just how it works :P

Also, Michu better do amazingly well this weekend because that's a bandwagon I went to loads of effort to jump on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I thought I did enough this week to steal first place. It's on like donkey kong Mr. Beegan :pac:
    You might steal it yet this week. I had only 9 players playing last week and will have to make a chunk of subs before the GW kicks off this week as I have 5 players not playing(Reading and Chelsea). Minimum of 8 point hit I'd imagine (keeping Torres and Hazard benched to avoid price rises and selling the other 3).

Jackobyte wrote: »
    You might steal it yet this week. I had only 9 players playing last week and will have to make a chunk of subs before the GW kicks off this week as I have 5 players not playing(Reading and Chelsea). Minimum of 8 point hit I'd imagine (keeping Torres and Hazard benched to avoid price rises and selling the other 3).
    Turns out I'll be taking a 12 point hit this week. Will probably be dropping out to 4th or so because of this.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Turns out I'll be taking a 12 point hit this week. Will probably be dropping out to 4th or so because of this.

Jesus, for a 12pt hit would you not have been as well off playing the WC?

(although I'm one to talk, I took an 8pt hit and am seriously considering bringing in Berbatov now that he's on his way to Fulham...)

Jesus, for a 12pt hit would you not have been as well off playing the WC?

(although I'm one to talk, I took an 8pt hit and am seriously considering bringing in Berbatov now that he's on his way to Fulham...)
    Well, they were players I going to be getting rid of anyway; Harte, Pogrebnyak, Scott Sinclair; and said that I might as well get rid of them earlier rather than later. Was looking at Berbs myself, but will wait and see about match fitness this week.

I can't see the majority of deadline signings to play too much this weekend.

Even after my transfers, I've still ended up with at least 4 not playing. What is the West Bromwich manager playing at not playing Lukaku at all. Also, Clichy not playing and a chance that Nani may be left out with Valencia being favored.

37 points, with Kagawa(c), Evra and Demba Ba still to play. Though it's really only 29pts once the transfer penalty is added.

Need Kagawa to get 12+ points tomorrow to make me not feel depressed for having changed him to captain over Tevez at the last minute...

37 points, with Kagawa(c), Evra and Demba Ba still to play. Though it's really only 29pts once the transfer penalty is added.

Need Kagawa to get 12+ points tomorrow to make me not feel depressed for having changed him to captain over Tevez at the last minute...

Disaster with baines as captain :(

• Advertisement

Baines as captain plain suicide!

Tbh, I don't why people do not have a consistant goalscorer as captain, you'll get no where without one! Hazard, Tevez and RVP (especially after Rooney is out)

Suarez just fired me to the top :D

I've been slacking on my managerial duties, and didn't change my captain or make any transfers or pay any attention at all to my team over the past few weeks... So I've earned myself a steady midtable place..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I don't think I've ever had a worse start to this thing, bet I'll lose all interest in a month or two!

Usually I last until Christmas or so before I lose interest but this year I haven't changed my team since the first week. Hmmph

Not gonna lie, I lost interest after GW2. :pac:

Still managed to score 59 points this week though, and I'm 5th! :cool:

Gonna try and get back into it now, but I'm definitely not going to be as obsessively serious about it as I was in the first two weeks. :)

My team has become an absolute disaster. Last week I had an extra 22 points on the bench and this week 2 of my 3 outward bound subs scored. Also, captaining Pienaar was a big mistake.

Yeaaa top of the league if anybody cares anymore :P

I'm holding steady in 6th, which is excellent considering Kagawa and Terry have been in my team since September. :pac:

• Advertisement

My team is so out of date... Every week I put off changing it on about the Tuesday, and then forget until the games are already on! :(

Advertisement