Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Bad Mouthing Free Zone:

• 29-07-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Just an idea...!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Isnt the entire forum devoted to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Valve wrote: »
    Just an idea...!

its a good idea
    rovert wrote: »
    Isnt the entire forum devoted to this?

not really, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ok then here goes:

I really like the Derek Mooney show when it's only Derek Mooney and his guests.

phew....that wasn't so bad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Well, I don't agree with hero worship where it's not due but at the other end of the scale the vitriol and nastiness posted by some people on here is way O.T.T. sometimes. I'm critical at the best of times and many things/topics/people need critical appraisal but there is a difference between that and nastyness but I try to be constructive rather than nasty.... Honestly! So, yeah, let's try and take it up a notch or two and be nice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Philip King who presents the South Wind Blows is excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Valve

A nice bit of peace and quiet here. Thanks folks. I think suggestions, discussion, thoughts etc are great for discussion. And, as mentioned by Lenny, may just raise the bar a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

dawson.jpg

Indeed! Well, a good day and a bad day for those in Radio. Congratulations to those who did well and 'it's not all over yet' to those who got a yellow card in the latest figures. I've only seen the highlights so far. Some stations scored a few and let in a few and a few draws too! Either way, I don't think there will be any bonus payments this season at least. As to whether it's down to the success / failure of individual broadcaster/'s or the Radio Station itself is up to PD's etc to decipher. Some today, might prefer to be going through the IKEA cataloge! It's great that we have such a high POP listenership in Ireland and long may it continue. I suspect that the all (and most important) listener will perhaps hear (or read ) the various press releases and continue to listen depending on Who, What, When, Where and Why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I agree with all that Valve. I don't think any presenter or station did really badly. There's a combination of the economy and the change in lifestyles, working patterns etc that it has brought which is obviously affecting the numbers and that's obvious by the drop in the breakfast and drivetime shows. I feel sorry for stations that are getting a battering (verbally) such as 4FM who I'm sure will find their niche and begin to climb the ladder. Lite FM got off to a very shaky start and turned things around as did Today FM and many others.

Agreed! I can't think of one Radio station that ever went from 0 - 60 from day one, except it could be argued, the very first one, which would also have had teething problems. 4FM did go through stuff that could I feel have been avoided - but alas was not. We're a pretty clanish lot here in Ireland I reckon and that will show itself in the locals figures a lot. Also, I wonder, what happens when a local broadcaster lands a job on a national. If that local station continues to do well/similar without a 'star player' - what does that tell us? And if the National claims that by signing on so and so 'We're moving forward'!! Up a bit, down a bit, left a bit...FIRE! That's generally what happens when JNLR figures are released.

• Advertisement

Agreed! I can't think of one Radio station that ever went from 0 - 60 from day one, except it could be argued, the very first one, which would also have had teething problems. 4FM did go through stuff that could I feel have been avoided - but alas was not. We're a pretty clanish lot here in Ireland I reckon and that will show itself in the locals figures a lot. Also, I wonder, what happens when a local broadcaster lands a job on a national. If that local station continues to do well/similar without a 'star player' - what does that tell us? And if the National claims that by signing on so and so 'We're moving forward'!! Up a bit, down a bit, left a bit...FIRE! That's generally what happens when JNLR figures are released.

Advertisement