Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.NET InProc Session state dropping constantly

Options
  • 29-07-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

One of my weakest areas is infrastructure, so the whole topic on Session state is proving a difficult concept to grasp.

I have a .NET site hosted by an Irish company. To be honest it was the best way for me to learn .net and deal with 'real world' issues for the sake of 50e a year.

My session state is set in the web.config file:
    <sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="20"/>

Each of my pages checks to see whether I'm logged into the site or not. But the session is constantly being dropped and therefore I get booted out.

I reckon SQLServer state would be the most reliable option but I don't see the aspnetdb database on their server.

Is the site being hosted on a farm, so that's why the session keeps getting dropped? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

This is really something you should be discussing with your hosting company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Evil Phil wrote: »
    This is really something you should be discussing with your hosting company.
    ok.

I was just wondering if InProc was a good choice for a shared hosting environment.

Advertisement