Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time referencing nightmare

Options
  • 29-07-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Distance learner hear having major trouble referencing my very first essay. I'm using APA referencing style and would appreciate any help or advice you guys can offer. I have included many quotes and after each quote I've also included (Author, Year, Page Number).

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" (Hayes, 2004, p.204)

Very easy so far. The tricky part is in the bibliography at the end of the essay. Do I need to include Page again numbers when I reference the book here:

Bibliography:

Hayes, J. (2004). Interpersonal Skills at Work (2nd Ed.). Sussex: Routledge Publishing Ltd.

OR SHOULD IT BE?

Hayes, J. (2004). Interpersonal Skills at Work (2nd Ed.). (pp. 113-120)Sussex: Routledge Publishing Ltd.

If anyone could clear this up I'll buy them a drink!!! Starting to panic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

starman1 wrote: »
    Distance learner hear having major trouble referencing my very first essay. I'm using APA referencing style and would appreciate any help or advice you guys can offer. I have included many quotes and after each quote I've also included (Author, Year, Page Number).

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" (Hayes, 2004, p.204)

Very easy so far. The tricky part is in the bibliography at the end of the essay. Do I need to include Page again numbers when I reference the book here:

Bibliography:

Hayes, J. (2004). Interpersonal Skills at Work (2nd Ed.). Sussex: Routledge Publishing Ltd.

OR SHOULD IT BE?

Hayes, J. (2004). Interpersonal Skills at Work (2nd Ed.). (pp. 113-120)Sussex: Routledge Publishing Ltd.

If anyone could clear this up I'll buy them a drink!!! Starting to panic

There is a tutorial here that might help...
    http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx

Advertisement