Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Podcast reccomendations

• 29-07-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out where to discuss podcasts on Boards.ie, I looked at blogs/wiki/social networks but it didn't seem to have anything, could anyone steer me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Shur, post it here and the Mods can advise if they have a better home for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

So what exactly about podcast do you want to discuss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Was looking for a forum for pods yesterday myself and couldn't find one suitable.

Maybe a subforum of radio is what's needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Maybe a subforum of radio is what's needed?

It might be if there was a lot of podcast discussion going on on the radio forum... but there isn't.

Why not just discuss podcasts here in the radio forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭jeffreylebowski

Hey folks,

I was actually looking for a place to plug my own podcast and to network with other podcasters, get feedback and advice and stuff like that.

It's The Wireless Express Show, been going a few months now. We've had some fun interviews and we've met some cool people, it's still early days though.

Does anyone here work on a podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hey folks,

I was actually looking for a place to plug my own podcast...

Then you want the Pimp my show thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

^^^ true dat :)

or you could try here op:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1061

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the heads up, I posted on that pimp your show thread.

If any of you check out The Wireless Express Show please send me a pm or get me at conor [at] wirelessexpressshow.com and let me know what you thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

In future can we start threads about different podcasts or will we keep discussion in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

We may as well have a general thread for recommending podcasts, I'll rename this thread tomorrow. Please use the "pimp your show" thread for your own podcasts tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I currently subscribe to Americana, From Our Own Correspondent and Kermode and Mayo from the BBC. I listen to a few NPR ones on politics, education, etc. I've a few others that I have stuff from, but don't actively subscribe as I'd never get around to listening to them all. For example, This American Life and Galactic Watercooler. Some of RTE's documentaries from radio 1 are well worth a listen, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

For all sports fans I really recommend Fighting Talk from BBC5Live. It's a great podcast that's funny and intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

+1 on kermode, but they're on holidays for the next 6 weeks and the stand in's this week were sh1te.

Love Guardians football weekly, and BBC sports week, Tommy and Hector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Dan Carlin Hardcore history and Common Sense shows.
    Newstalks Talking History show.
    newstalks Off the ball + rugby + gaa sub podcasts.
    Ruggamatrix for general rugby chat.
    Nob nation and Gift grub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Geoff llyods hometime show
    The annabel portcast (so funny!)
    Hamish and andy

Love those 3 podcasts. I sit there laughing away to myself like an eejit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe

Guardian Football Weekly

A History of Rome - A fantastic series on the foundation to decline of Rome.

The very much missed (and hopefully returning) Adam and Joe.

The hypem.com podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Ray Foley Show Podcast! Very funny but alot of language at times then they rerun the show that was on earlier in the day. Daily (sometimes on Friday, moretimes not!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    +1 on kermode, but they're on holidays for the next 6 weeks and the stand in's this week were sh1te.

6 weeks? I know they generally follow the school holidays, but gah. The stand ins are almost always terrible. Kermode often mentions his colleague Nigel Floyd, not sure he's said anything memorable, mind.

NPR's Car Talk

Usually something in there to make you smile each week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My laptop died in May I thought remembered all my podcasts setting up my iTunes. But I only just realised I forgot this one of all podcasts :eek:

SO glad to have it back now.

Hey all,

We were fortunate enough to have Rian Johnson come and talk to us on The Wireless Express Show this week, check out the interview:

http://wirelessexpressshow.com/?p=184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Anyone else?

Advertisement