If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TX-P50G20

Options
  • 29-07-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

The time has nearly come to get my new TV for my new house (renovations are ongoing at the moment).

Can you please give me your best price for the 50" Panasonic G20?
    Bear in mind that my OH has to sign off on this one;)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Guys,

The time has nearly come to get my new TV for my new house (renovations are ongoing at the moment).

Can you please give me your best price for the 50" Panasonic G20?
    Bear in mind that my OH has to sign off on this one;)

Thanks in advance

Super,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - and mindful that your OH is in control of this issue - I can quote £1199.95 including Delivery to Dublin & the 5 year warranty (as ever please note that this is a UK model!)

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Thanks for the reply John - PM sent......

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Hey John,

Have you got my PM - I`m looking to get the TV this week so would appreciate a reply when you get the time (sorry for being impatient but the first leeds game of the season is on BBC HD this saturday;))

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ucdier

Hi John,

How much is that in new money? Whats the yoyos price?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Hi Richersounds,

Do you still carry the 'Panasonic TX-P50G20' if so how much ?
    Or what's the current equivalent - I'm interested in 2D only with freesat HD, freeview HD(I believe HD mean's mpeg4 saorview channels capable) 50inch please ?
    Or are all offerings gone 3D ?

thks,

Cranium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Cranium,

The G20 has now been discontinued and we wont be seeing them again. The alternative at the moment is the Panasonic TXP50 GT30. Panasonic have only included Freesat HD in their 3D models.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp50gt30/pana-txp50gt30-dummy

Panasonic TVs are not Saorview certified so they WILL NOT work in the ROI sadly.

Samsung have included Freesat in some of their new LED screens. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/ue46d7000/sams-ue46d7000

We have the Samsung UE46D7000 in stock for £1,549.95.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cranium

Hi Chris,

Is TXP50 GT30 different to TX-P50GT30B ?

I see TX-P50GT30B listed on a ROI site, not saorview approved, but they use the term Irish Digital TV.
    I own an AZBOX and that's not saorview approved either but it works, don't
    have the fancy picture-in-picture teletext however

I note some happy owners of
    TX-P50G20 here on boards.ie, would that have been more saorview compliant than TXP50 GT30 ?

thks,

Cranium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Cranium,

They're the same models, the reason for the 'B' at the end is to indicate it's a British model (hence not Saorview certified)

The Panasonic has a MPEG4 tuner built on board so it will pick up the signal ok, same as your AZBOX.

Nah, the G20 was the exact same, was a British model so wasn't Saorview certified at all.

Regards.
    Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.