Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus from CC to Airport

Options
  • 29-07-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering what buses run to Dublin airport from the city centre? Was looking at the aircoach, but if the standard dublin buses run out there, will probably just jump on one. Had a quick look at the dublin bus website but it seems to be a bit funny at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

16A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

The 41 goes direct to the airport outside Irish Life on Abbey St . You can also get the 16A and 746 from O'Connell St but they start further south so they're a little unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Word of advice if you're getting the 16A, go down to Westmoreland St and get it instead of O'Connell St. Get the 16A every friday and well there's usually crowds of people with bags at the O'Connell St stop going to the airport and you might not get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Thanks folks, think I'll go for the 41, as its just around the corner from my job. Is there one that goes from connelly or Bus Eireann area as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks folks, think I'll go for the 41, as its just around the corner from my job. Is there one that goes from connelly or Bus Eireann area as well?

Yes, the Airlink buses 747 and 748 (which goes via Heuston station) go from outside Busaras every ten or fifteen minutes - they are dedicated airport buses, so don't stop every couple of hundred yards like the 16a and 41 do.
    Sometimes they go through the Port Tunnel, cutting the journey time even more.
    They are more expensive though, 6 euro for an adult single, 10 euro return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

No, only the 74somethings. They're a rip off. Stick to 16A or 41. The 41's only a stonesthrow from Bus Aras anyway :)

Edit: Ah, I'm too slow to beat Spurious, whose post is a bit more informative than mine anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

By the way, the 746 goes to the airport, but it's a regular Dublin Bus route, NOT a more expensive express service like the 747 and 748. It's not that frequent, but it takes a more direct route than the 16a, so it's worth getting if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 904473

747 and 748 Airlink service every 10 minutes Express throughout the day. Run by Dublin Bus. If you have a Rambler ticket, monthly ticket, or annual ticket they can be used. If there are more than one persons going, buy a €10 family ticket. This ticket allows 2 adults and up to 4 children under age 16 to use the Airlink and all the regular buses in dublin for a whole day.

Advertisement