Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Across all platforms on RTE?

• 29-07-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

They're plugging the Shamrock Rovers match for tonight on Radio 1 and 2FM all day and their strapline is that the match would be covered live "on all RTE media platforms". Now, if I wasn't an anorak, I'd take that to mean it's on all their channels and online? It's obviously not so why word it so?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

They're plugging the Shamrock Rovers match for tonight on Radio 1 and 2FM all day and their strapline is that the match would be covered live "on all RTE media platforms". Now, if I wasn't an anorak, I'd take that to mean it's on all their channels and online? It's obviously not so why word it so?:confused:

Sounded strange to me when I heard it after the news earlier on 2FM alright, but if I wasn't an anorak, I still wouldn't assume it was on all their channels and online... but I would presume they've coverage on TV, FM radio, DAB radio, and online. I know they have it on TV and online... but is it on any of their radio services at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

I would imagine there is live commentary on Radio 1 (Do they still do the MW optout for live football?)

Therefore, it would be carried on all of their platforms. It's not being covered on all stations on all platforms, but it will be on tv, radio and online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

eiresandra wrote: »
    (Do they still do the MW optout for live football?)
    252 LW, I believe.
    eiresandra wrote: »
    Therefore, it would be carried on all of their platforms. It's not being covered on all stations on all platforms, but it will be on tv, radio and online.
    Yeah, - well DAB's a different platform (sort of)... but maybe it'll be covered on Radio 1 Extra.

Would be nice if they let us know ALL the places we could hear/see it though instead of just saying "across all our media platforms".

Advertisement