Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's New tariffs....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

a flexy unit is only 500kb now? sounds like another stealth price increase

gotta love mobile networks ability to make an increase look like they're making it cheaper

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

so 1 flexiunit is now only 2 text messages? nice..... any ideas when this goes live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sandwich1989

Splinter wrote: »
    so 1 flexiunit is now only 2 text messages? nice..... any ideas when this goes live?

it went live today - I dont understand how this can be a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sandwich1989

the prices are less, you get more units (which if you are a talker is brilliant), you get a bonus addon and in 18 month contracts 2gb of data?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

the prices are less, you get more units (which if you are a talker is brilliant), you get a bonus addon and in 18 month contracts 2gb of data?

Exactly. It's a great improvement on the old plans, but I guess you will always have people knit picking and complaining...

One thing I noticed though, it seems that voicemail is no longer free and doesn't come out of your flex units, you are now charged...if I'm reading it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi does this affect existing customers or new ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi does this affect existing customers or new ones
    Only new. The previous "Relax" plans are now listed under the "Legacy Plans" section of their site. No Reg. 17 opt-out for you sir :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

God you really dont want to run out of free texts. To send a message now with Classic Flex max costs 17c :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

These new plans are not as good as Meteor's Connect plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭SteM

Can't believe they are charging people on their smartphone plans 15c per minute to check their voice mail but the people on their lower 'flex' pland can check theirs for free. That's BS and it's put me off moving to them.

But does the voicemail not come out of your minutes? If not thats an absolute disgrace and its whats holding me back from signing up to an iphone contract with them.

Hogzy wrote: »
    But does the voicemail not come out of your minutes? If not thats an absolute disgrace and its whats holding me back from signing up to an iphone contract with them.

Ring them and check. I just did and that's what I was told. Maybe I picked her up wrong.

SteM wrote: »
    Ring them and check. I just did and that's what I was told. Maybe I picked her up wrong.

No just called them and she told me they charge per minute on top of your bill. So it doesnt come out of your minutes. Thats a joke. And has just become a deal breaker for me.

I usually check my voicemail 3-4times a day due to not being able to receive calls during busy hours. If i check my voicemail 3 times a day for a month thats nearly €15 for voicemail. thats a joke...

Just emailed three saying i was willing to switch but this has become a deal breaker. No doubt they wont care.

Yeah, I mailed them about it too. Even if they offered it as one of their free 'extra' add ons that would be fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

SteM wrote: »
    Can't believe they are charging people on their smartphone plans 15c per minute to check their voice mail but the people on their lower 'flex' pland can check theirs for free. That's BS and it's put me off moving to them.

im just after moving from relax 750 to their mega flex max and asked them was there any hidden charges and would the plan stay the same regarding roaming on their other networks.
    they told me that the only thing that changed was the additional add on like the 2gb& extra freebies.

im just after moving from relax 750 to their mega flex max and asked them was there any hidden charges and would the plan stay the same regarding roaming on their other networks.
    they told me that the only thing that changed was the additional add on like the 2gb& extra freebies.

Don't know what to tell you. I rang them twice - thought they had made a mistake first time - and was told thesamethimg both times. So was hogzy and it matches what it says on their site.

Ask them specifically about voice mail?

Could someone set up a link to where "calls to voicemail are chargeble or come out of your units), please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

feck sake, so on the €95 plan you have to pay 15c for voicemail?

what a rip off.

ingen wrote: »
    feck sake, so on the €95 plan you have to pay 15c for voicemail?

what a rip off.

Yup, Which is a farce if you ask me. You should NEVER have to pay for:

1. Voicemail
    2. Customer Care

See attached, looks like vmail free, I'm open to correction

its the smart phone plans that have to pay for voicemail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That only applies to their basic plans with flexing units only . On their smart phone plans, that include a data allowance,15c per min for voicemail applies .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Please note that from 1st October 2010 a call set up charge of 5c will apply to all out of bundle domestic calls and the call set up charge for in bundle domestic calls will equal one quarter of a flexi-unit.

Is this a change of 3 T&C's? Can you get out of your contract?

Fungus wrote: »
    Is this a change of 3 T&C's? Can you get out of your contract?

Clearly not if they are informing you now about the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

the new plans are a lot better despite the decrease in texts and internet. more in line with meteors plans. vf and o2 are lagging big time in the price plan department.

Hogzy wrote: »
    its the smart phone plans that have to pay for voicemail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the difference between smartphone plans and "non smart phone", please

• Advertisement

Whats the difference between smartphone plans and "non smart phone", please

Well, the smartphone plans charge 15c a min for voicemail, while the 'non smart phone' plans offer free voicemail :D

Advertisement