Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's New tariffs....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Those text charges are very high!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

k123456 wrote: »
    Whats the difference between smartphone plans and "non smart phone", please

Smart phone plans come with 2gbs of data allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

yea but when you are paying €95 over 18 months for airtime contract, voicemail should be free, and with the setup call cost too that takes away some of your flexi units.

are they billing per minute on the €95 plan? i am testing a 3 sim here in an E52, signal is mostly full, sometimes drops lower, if i set the E52 to gsm only sim still works perfectly, obviously on Vodafone 2g.

i found the website a bit flakey really, got some errors on it.. kind of basic for seeing call details etc. I have an iphone4 on hold for me, so i need to decide tonight if i will go for it or not..

tough decision.. attached error that i am getting all evening, on the website.

so if i go for the €95 euro plan, i will be paying more €€€ on top of the €95 to get my voicemail..

this is a bit of a deal breaker for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Fungus wrote: »
    Is this a change of 3 T&C's? Can you get out of your contract?
    No you cant get out of contract. No one is forcing you to change price plans. Until you decide to do so you will keep the same T&C's, changes only come into effect if you change price plan and I would assume upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xsjado

3 to 3 calls are free still yeah so voicemail should be free then as its a 3 number?

• Advertisement

ok rang three again to get a final answer on the voicemail issue..... the girl i spoke to said, that voicemail is different! i said how...... she said voicemail is billed 15c per min or part there of. wow ..

thats just plain wrong.

no way will i sign up to a plan like this, at €95 voicemail should be free :mad:

another way for three to get more €€€ from unsuspecting customers.

you would imagine that at least they would let you use voicemail from your flexi units?:mad::mad::mad: as there are 10,000 of them

and also you have to deal with a call centre in Mumbai too..

If i am paying €100 a month for airtime service, I would prefer to spend it with a company that employs Irish People.

Im not going with three so..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭SteM

ingen wrote: »
    ok rang three again to get a final answer on the voicemail issue..... the girl i spoke to said, that voicemail is different! i said how...... she said voicemail is billed 15c per min or part there of. wow ..

thats just plain wrong.

no way will i sign up to a plan like this, at €95 voicemail should be free :mad:

another way for three to get more €€€ from unsuspecting customers.

you would imagine that at least they would let you use voicemail from your flexi units?:mad::mad::mad: as there are 10,000 of them

and also you have to deal with a call centre in Mumbai too..

If i am paying €100 a month for airtime service, I would prefer to spend it with a company that employs Irish People.

Im not going with three so..........

Whether it's e95 per month or e30 per month voicemail access should be free. Charging for access to voicemail is taking a step backwards, such a pity because apart from that their smartphone plans are are very good imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If they are going to charge for voicemail there should be an option to disable it.

SteM wrote: »
    Whether it's e95 per month or e30 per month voicemail access should be free. Charging for access to voicemail is taking a step backwards, such a pity because apart from that their smartphone plans are are very good imo.

Yeah it was the deal breaker for me. I calculated that i would be paying minimum of 15eur per month just for voicemail. CRAZY

well the voicemail issue is the deal breaker for me.

im going to hold off on getting an iphone for a few weeks, might buy one sim free from apple, and then pick a priceplan then... prob a 30 day contract one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Can you not just dial your number eg 083 5 XXXX XXX which will put you through to leave a voicemail on your phone and then press # enter your password and listen to your messages? Surely that would be a 3 to 3 call?

edit: btw you can get classic flex max for €30 per month (down from €40) if you port over from another network plus you get €100 credited to your bill in the 3rd month. Decent deal if you ask me!

Can you not just dial your number eg 083 5 XXXX XXX which will put you through to leave a voicemail on your phone and then press # enter your password and listen to your messages? Surely that would be a 3 to 3 call?
    It don't work that way with 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Set a speed dial to 0833333171,2,(your number)#,pin#

, = pause you can programme this on iPhone & most handsets.

Cslls charged at 3 to 3 rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sandwich1989

but all companies charge for voicemail these days?

Vodafone do not.

but all companies charge for voicemail these days?

meteor dont

o2 no longer charge for voicemail on prepay..

and on their other higher plans its free.

EDIT

( if you choose the free o2 calls as the free add on )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Haddockman wrote: »
    It don't work that way with 3.

I tried that yesterday and it worked: invited me to input my number on answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Haddockman wrote: »
    If they are going to charge for voicemail there should be an option to disable it.

It is disabled on my account. I got the helpdesk to disable it a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

lafors wrote: »

edit: btw you can get classic flex max for €30 per month (down from €40) if you port over from another network plus you get €100 credited to your bill in the 3rd month. Decent deal if you ask me!

can you link to where it states this on the 3 website, can't find it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

cojomo2 wrote: »
    can you link to where it states this on the 3 website, can't find it. Thanks

Home page, down the bottom the 2nd box in from left.
    Click "I want a sim-only plan"
    Then the "Flex Smartphone tab"

Here's a link but I don't think it goes directly to it cause of the tabs.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Linky

Ah sorry, I thought you meant on a contract with a subsidised phone..the reason you get it 10 euro cheaper on the sim only plan is just because they aren't subsidising a phone for you..you don't have to be porting from another network to avail of this, as long as you aren't in contract, anyone can switch to this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Linky

Anyone know if one could port over from 3Pay to Classic Flex,(smartphones) or is this for new customers only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You need to sign up as a new customer then get you 3pay number moved over to the bill pay sim

Walkman wrote: »
    You need to sign up as a new customer then get you 3pay number moved over to the bill pay sim

Ah thanks for the info!

One more thing if I may, the price changes to €40 (from €30) half way into the chekout, whats up with that?

god's toy wrote: »
    Ah thanks for the info!

One more thing if I may, the price changes to €40 (from €30) half way into the chekout, whats up with that?

Update: if anyone wanted to know:

The deal is €30P/M (for 350 F-Us, 2GB web and Unlimited free 3 to)

This is all fine my end as 2GB is very welcome at this price point!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Solair wrote: »
    Set a speed dial to 0833333171,2,(your number)#,pin#

, = pause you can programme this on iPhone & most handsets.

Cslls charged at 3 to 3 rate

How do I programme pause on iphone?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Just realised you can get unlimited any network texts, 60 minutes and 500 mb for €20 on best of both.

Not bad I tell you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement