Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move or Kinect or wait for the 3DS

Options
  • 29-07-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭

With Move & Kinect getting detailed and priced recently i'm still not interested in them.
    Move is just a Wii on Steroids I didn't buy a wii after getting the N64 & Gamecube so why would I want to play Killzone 3 with another stupid motion Controller rather than a Dualshock.
    Kinect was such a dagger in the Heart as a Gamer,that picture of the smiling Tiger from Kinectimals was just a Repelent for Every even semi hardcore Gamer.
    I'm going to wait for the 3DS at least they seemed to embrace the older abandoned gamer.If all the Games announced eventually get released it'll beat the piss out of both of Microsoft & Sony's latest "innovations".
    PS Why the Hell doesn't Sony support the PSP & Microsoft release a Handheld Console.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Why not all 3?

I'll be getting Kinect and the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is this a statement of intent or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Otacon wrote: »
    Is this a statement of intent or something?

Indeed ! Bit of a rant or tirade really.
    Id go for the Move but Im biased as i only have a PS3 and cant afford all 3.
    Why would you want all 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm going to wait until the second generation 3DS (3DS Lite if you will). Kinect doesn't interest me at the moment, and I don't have a PS3 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

eddhorse wrote: »
    Indeed ! Bit of a rant or tirade really.
    Id go for the Move but Im biased as i only have a PS3 and cant afford all 3.
    Why would you want all 3?

Damn right its a Rant €150 quid for a stupid Motion Camera that was made to just make a Ass of yourself.Is sony going to make games as good as Mario Galaxy for Move I doubt it.
    The Launch titles for both are Wii Fit,Wii Sport & knockoffs of Mainly Terrible Wii lite Shovelware.Its sickening what Sony & in Particular Microsoft are doing this to lengthen the Lifecycle instead of making you know new Titles & badly needed new franchises.How many titles this year don't end in 2 or 3 or 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

GTR63 wrote: »
    Damn right its a Rant €150 quid for a stupid Motion Camera that was made to just make a Ass of yourself.Is sony going to make games as good as Mario Galaxy for Move I doubt it.
    The Launch titles for both are Wii Fit,Wii Sport & knockoffs of Mainly Terrible Wii lite Shovelware.Its sickening what Sony & in Particular Microsoft are doing this to lengthen the Lifecycle instead of making you know new Titles & badly needed new franchises.How many titles this year don't end in 2 or 3 or 5.

- Not everything is for you.

- The Wii rarely has games as good as Mario Galaxy.

- Innovation is overrated.

- I agree that Kinect/Move have yet to prove themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Give all three time.
    Especially to see how much the 3DS will be next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm particularly interested to see the 3DS in action. Move could be ok but probably not worth buying in my opinion, and I have no time for Kinect.

It's strange walked past Game earlier today and they have posters up for the the Kinect and the 4GB bundle all over the place. Couldn't see anything for the the Move which is out before the Kinect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No-one wants to pay a large amount for Motion controls.Thats why Microsoft are selling a Console without a Hardrive people will buy it thinking 4GB is enough but it's not near enough.You'd hardly know Sony is launching Move in under 2 months time I think.They're at least 2 years too late to the Casual Party which is now dead.I bet the 3DS sells out in minutes.There will still be plenty of Moves & Kinects by the time the January Sales come about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

For me, innovation over imitation any day of the year for me. The Wii was incredible and has started an entire new chapter in the games industry. But I've done the motion control thing, and I'm over it. Fancier controller (Sony) or no controller (Xbox), it's still motion control, and I have done that to death.

Personally, its the 3DS for me. If I so happen to see a Kinect very cheaply, I may purchase it. The Move is a total disgrace to be honest. You couln't be more blatant with the rip-off of the Wii controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

kinect doesnt really appeal to me at the moment. once they start integrating the controller with the motion control itll be more something id be interested in

same really for the 3ds - it just hasnt grabbed me at all

the move is about the only one of the 3 that holds any interest, and even then im not gonna go running to get the controllers

that said if ninty/ms/sony care to furnish me with any of them ill gladly accept :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

3DS for me all the way, I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection of nine other Nintendo consoles ;)

Street Fighter 4 in 3-d is something I'm going to queue for.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

I'm gonna have to go with none of them.
    Don't have a PS3.
    Not interested in 3DS (or any handheld for that matter).
    And I don't hold a lot of faith in the fancy gimmick (which has incredible potential however) that is the Kinect.

Observe.
    And thats just one of MANY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Personally not interested in motion controlled gaming whatsoever.

But I'll get a kinect when it comes down significantly in price simply because this is the technology that will replace remote controls eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

With Move & Kinect getting detailed and priced recently i'm still not interested in them.
    Move is just a Wii on Steroids I didn't buy a wii after getting the N64 & Gamecube so why would I want to play Killzone 3 with another stupid motion Controller rather than a Dualshock.
    Kinect was such a dagger in the Heart as a Gamer,that picture of the smiling Tiger from Kinectimals was just a Repelent for Every even semi hardcore Gamer.
    I'm going to wait for the 3DS at least they seemed to embrace the older abandoned gamer.If all the Games announced eventually get released it'll beat the piss out of both of Microsoft & Sony's latest "innovations".
    PS Why the Hell doesn't Sony support the PSP & Microsoft release a Handheld Console.

I agree with all of this motion control blows big time I just wanna sit on d couch beer in one hand controller in the other shooting the sh*t outta people. The 3DS is the only new piece of hardware in a few years thats got me excited, it's gonna rock big time.
    As for Sony they've under supported the PSP from day one and have burned me plenty of times point in note is Gran Turismo PSP which I can safetly say is the biggest let down I've ever suffered in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

pdbhp wrote: »
    I agree with all of this motion control blows big time I just wanna sit on d couch beer in one hand controller in the other shooting the sh*t outta people. The 3DS is the only new piece of hardware in a few years thats got me excited, it's gonna rock big time.
    As for Sony they've under supported the PSP from day one and have burned me plenty of times point in note is Gran Turismo PSP which I can safetly say is the biggest let down I've ever suffered in gaming.

Now that all three consoles have motion controllers, now there may be more uptake for making motion controlled games. I think the fact that the motion isn't a requirement for the 360 or ps3 that they aren't going to be worth it! They will probably try to head the same path as the wii and go for casual gamers. The kinect/move would probably be good for the next gen consoles (as the only controller) not the current consoles, not many people are going to pay another ~€140 for a controller when a normal one is just as good..

I would go for the 3DS, then again I will probably just get all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Move: Yeah. Have the camera already so for 40 euros or whatever, why not?

3DS: Sure. I know I'll regret it when they announce a newer, lighter version, but if stuff like Pilotwings is there from the start I'll have to have it.

Kinect: lol

Seriously though, Kinect looks more temperamental than the eyetoy was, and seems exclusively focussed on "active gaming" stuff, which isn't really my cup of tea. On top of that the price tag is a piss take. I'll never say never, but for now it looks like a severe case of overpromising and underdelivering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

I have too say I totally agree with you. I'm not interested in them either.

Nintendo Turning there there back on the ds gamers and saying we wont be making anymore games for the ds once the 3Dds come out I have too say I don't think that's fair.

Sony psp: Well they make a game over it ever now and again but the psp itself is the highest selling console in japan Tokyo over there look it up its still popular I love its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ill probably look into Kinect just to try get the gf into a bit of gaming...

Wont touch the 3DS ... Like the wii and motion controls they are rushing to get something 3d out first in the handheld section. It may just turn out to be ****e but only time will tell..

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Ill probably look into Kinect just to try get the gf into a bit of gaming...

Wont touch the 3DS ... Like the wii and motion controls they are rushing to get something 3d out first in the handheld section. It may just turn out to be ****e but only time will tell..

Nintendo are far from rushing into 3D gaming, the Virtual Boy says hello. Lots of time for R&D since then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

MUST.............GET.................KINECT.......................BEWBS...........EQUALS..........KINECT............

http://www.destructoid.com/not-even-half-naked-asian-girls-make-kinect-look-good-180247.phtml

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Nintendo Turning there there back on the ds gamers and saying we wont be making anymore games for the ds once the 3Dds come out I have too say I don't think that's fair.

Sony psp: Well they make a game over it ever now and again but the psp itself is the highest selling console in japan Tokyo over there look it up its still popular I love its great.

Lol? :confused:

DS is out a long time and companies will support it so long as it's profitable to do so. You can't blame Nintendo for advancing with the technology... every console maker does the same; it's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've got all 3 consoles at home. I don't need any more motion controllers. That's what the Wii is there for. The "Move" looks ok from what I saw from E3 videos.

The Kinect looks ok but again it looks too gimmicky. Nothing I'd really invest in unless they went cheap.

I'm opened to be proven wrong but I wouldn't be rushing to get these.

I don't know why we're comparing these two with a handheld device tbh but I suppose it probably would be worth holding out for a 3DS instead of these two. Looks impressive and was received well at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Kinect is gonna have to do alot more to impress at this stage. It looks pants at the moment with no hook or real game to indulge in.

The 3DS could be pretty great though. The DSLite is amazing and though I've stopped playing it over the last few months it's still a great system and significant improvements will be welcomed. I'll have to see it in action before even contemplating it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you have a Wii, no need to buy Move or Kinect because you already have a casual waggle/movement console/games that's collecting dust.

If you don't have a Wii, buy a Wii, there's far better selection of the 4 year history of the Wii than whatever "Move/Kinect Sports Resort" the PS360 is coming out with.

If you really want Kinect/Move, wait until the 'proper' 2nd wave of games -- i.e. proper games-- to buy it, and the price'll be cheaper too. Imagine how DJ Hero owners feel seeing their ~150 euro game slashed down to 50-60 euros. That'll be you come this time next year!

I'm not gonna say buy the 3DS, but I'm definitely buying one. Seeing the games they're bringing out for it, and the new gimmick (glassless 3D), it'll be all kinds of awesome. Of course, check out this month's gamesmaster for a full run-down, or just Wiki it.....a console is dependent on what games you wanna play on it. Like Kinect/Move, you might wanna wait a year for the big hitter games to buy a 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gonna get the Move simply because Sony are really pushing some core games, unlike Nintendo and MS.

Getting kinect is a possibility if there are some really good indy games, but at this stage i doubt it.

I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the gameboy colour so i may just buy the 3DS depending on pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've a Kinect pre-ordered for one reason only. Starwars. I want to be able to force choke and throw people with my bare hands. Goddamit I've been waiting 30 years to do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've a Kinect pre-ordered for one reason only. Starwars. I want to be able to force choke and throw people with my bare hands. Goddamit I've been waiting 30 years to do it!!

Didn't you have any friends that would play Star Wars with you as a child? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm gonna be getting the 3DS and the Move. The Kinect...I just don't see the point of it. MS should really focus on other products for its console rather than what is likely to be a potental flop.

Advertisement