Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move or Kinect or wait for the 3DS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm gonna be getting the 3DS and the Move. The Kinect...I just don't see the point of it. MS should really focus on other products for its console rather than what is likely to be a potental flop.

Apparently they just need between 5-10% of the current xbox users to take up Kinect for it to be a success. Which would be around 2-4 million units.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

rizzla wrote: »
    Apparently they just need between 5-10% of the current xbox users to take up Kinect for it to be a success. Which would be around 2-4 million units.
    Hmmm...probably, but that would also depend on how much they would sell a month. Another problem would be that the people they are aiming it to, probably already have a Wii and might not be willing to upgrade, especially with the price factor involved (€249 for new 360, plus €150 more for Kinect). A Wii costs about €220 with an extra controller and nunchuck. I just don't see it working out in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

€249 for new 360, plus €150 more for Kinect
    There'll be a bundle of the 4GB 360 (new Arcade model) + Kinect for €300. A saving of €50, albeit with a HDD-less console.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I could see it selling well at $50-70 but at $150 it's asking a lot from a casual player....Maybe the $300 arcade 360/Kinect will be a bigger seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Unless they're gonna release good games for Kinect then I'll probably give it a miss to be honest. It all seems too "cutsey wutsey" and aimed somewhat at a younger audience for my liking.

I don't really play my Wii that much anymore as the games I see coming out for it seem quite childish for my liking.

The only reason I could see myself using Kinect for is video chat but even then I don't need that as I've got a webcam and Skype on my laptop.

Star Wars looks decent enough for it but I'd be hoping they'd release a few more games to lure me into a purchase.

The fact that there's no controller means that the character in the game is gonna be in a stationary position for most of the level whereas the Move and the Wii both have controllers that allow you to move your character around a lot more.

I think Time Crisis would be a brilliant title for Kinect imo but we'll just wait and see I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Whatever about the games for the kinect, it's pretty incredible technology and I salute Microsoft for it.

Advertisement