Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bic ACS Padded Surf Boards

Options
  • 29-07-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

Anybody got any feedback on Bic ACS padded boards. Looking at the 7'9"

I am a beginner, can fairly consistently pop up and starting to get comfortable at turns.

Been using a mates 8' and renting boards but might as well have my own.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bigsurf.ie

Hi leblanc,

Bic ACS padded boards are popular. No wax needed so board stays clean. Grippy and comfy underfoot. Adds a little weight, but none that you'd really notice.

I'm not going to try and do a sell here on this forum...

...but if you're popping up, and coming to terms with turns, I'd suggest looking at a better board than the Bic ACS. The ACS construction is great for beginners and/or families, as its nearly bullet-proof, but a polyester or epoxy board would be lighter, faster and you have more choice in shapes available...even go custom if you want (but get good advice).

Email us at shop@bigsurf.ie if you'd like us to help.

Regards,
    Pearse
    www.bigsurf.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I have this board without the padding, 7' 9"

It's a grand board and can take the punishment a beginner throws at it.

I'd recommend it for sure as your starter board, you can buy them new for around €300 and will sell it for €200 - €250 easily when the time comes to move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

revileandy wrote: »
    It's a grand board and can take the punishment a beginner throws at it.

I'd recommend it for sure as your starter board, you can buy them new for around €300 and will sell it for €200 - €250 easily when the time comes to move on.

You are right there. They have the best resale price of all beginner-intermediate boards, as they are nearly indestructable and always in demand, and as you say they can take all the punishment a beginner throws at it, without worrying about repairs etc. A friend traded one in at a local shop + got nearly what he bought it for from the shop 2 years earlier. 2 years surfing for only 70 euro depreciation and no repair costs is good value. Surfing for 68 cents a week and great fun.

Advertisement