Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frisbee's Bar Dalkey??

Options
  • 29-07-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Someone told me there's a new pub in Dalkey called Frisbee's? Which pub has changed it's name/ownership then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Nothing's changed as far as I know. IN is still closed, Ivory is on the verge of closing, Queens, Finnegans, Kings Inn and the Club still open as usual.

And Ming is still powering away in Lee's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Are you sure you didn't dream that one up? Believe you me, I have had my fair share of whacky dreams. In fact, in one of them Patrick Ivory had be built forward and was re-branded to "Job Done". I once had a dream that a big shopping center was spurring up in Dalkey too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Funkstard wrote: »
    Nothing's changed as far as I know. IN is still closed, Ivory is on the verge of closing, Queens, Finnegans, Kings Inn and the Club still open as usual.

And Ming is still powering away in Lee's.

I always felt IN was a great little spot, real funky sort of vibe off it. I'd love to see it re open with live music and €3.50 pints or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Think this might be in Dun Laoghaire - its a new 70's themed bar?
    Someone told me there's a new pub in Dalkey called Frisbee's? Which pub has changed it's name/ownership then?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cjohnson

Definitely not in Dalkey. Never heard of it in the surrounding area either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

bullpost wrote: »
    Think this might be in Dun Laoghaire - its a new 70's themed bar?

New bar in Dun Laoghaire is Gilbert & Wright. http://www.gilbertandwright.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

New bar in Dun Laoghaire is Gilbert & Wright. http://www.gilbertandwright.ie/

Is that where Smyths used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

skibum wrote: »
    Is that where Smyths used to be?

Yes. Looks less than appealing from the outside, but I haven't ventured inside yet.. :D Bad location, but I have seen quite a few punters smoking outside etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Yes. Looks less than appealing from the outside, but I haven't ventured inside yet.. :D Bad location, but I have seen quite a few punters smoking outside etc.

They're owned by the same crowd that run the Wright Venue out in Swords. The one in Malahide is a really nice spot, bit like stepping back into the good parts of 1973 when you step inside and lots of different brews on tap. Definately worth a visit I'd imagine.

Advertisement