Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with grant- change of circumstances in 2nd year

Options
  • 29-07-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

hi,

I really hope someone can help.

I completed first year and was not eligable for a grant as my husband earned over the limit. He was made redundant in March and I am wondering if I can now apply for a grant to help pay my fees and other expenses such as travel, books, photocopying (which we do alot of as our library references are often too old to be borrowed etc.)

I've also had to move out of Dublin and into our house in Roscommon as we couldn't afford to rent in Dublin anymore while paying a mortgage. Should I apply through the Roscommon County council or VEC?

I would really appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi Laura,

I think you need to apply in the authority you resided in 2009. \so that would be dublin yeah??? You can apply for a change of circumstances, as even though you husband was out of work from March, they only take into account 09 income (its ridiculous) Anyway, i know there is a section where you enter the new circumstances, but not im sure where this is. My advice would be to number 1, ring dublin and roscommon (do it quickly before leaving certs come out) ask where you are required to apply. Then ask them about the change of circumstances criteria, and how you sbmit it. Sorry this isn't of much help, but maybe it can lead you in the right direction. I know loads have entered change of circumstances.

Advertisement