Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 2010 JNLR's

• 29-07-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

They're out... here: http://www.bai.ie/publications_jnlrresults.html

The highlights as far as I can see:

National stations are struggling a little in the face of huge competition from local and regional stations. Today FM have moved ahead of RTÉ 2fm on market share, but RTÉ Radio One are still the most listened to station nationally by a long shot.

In Dublin, Q102 have jumped ahead of FM104 on market share, putting them in second place to 98FM. However, FM104 still have the highest weekday reach (19%) with 98FM dropping a point to join Spin 1038 on 14%. Both 98FM and FM104 will of course continue to claim that this makes them number one.

In the regional stations, the iRadio sisters of i102-104 and i105-107 don't appear to have dropped listeners, despite their recent issues and have actually seen slight increases in market share - with the north-west station at 13.6% (+1.7) and the north-east one moving to 3.8% (+0.2).

The good news continues for local stations as Cork's combined forces of 96FM and C103 are continuing to trounce all comers in the ratings, as are Highland Radio in Donegal, Mid-West Radio, Limerick's Live95FM and Radio Kerry.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

In my opinion the Nationals are taking a trashing from the locals because TodayFM and 2FM are almost identical in terms of output aand Newstalk and Radio 1 are morphing each other too although Newstalk has a bit to do to catch up on the quality and substance of radio 1. There's so much speech content on the nationals whereas the locals have really only their customary morning local affairs show between 10 and 12. Does that tell us that people are preferring music radio again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

2FM died a long time ago .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement