Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Safe Parking in Urban Areas

• 29-07-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m planning my first motorhome trip around Ireland. I’m concerned about parking the vehicle and leaving unattended in urban areas. I would think a motorhome parked in public would say “I’m full of valuables” to a thief. Can I ask experienced motorhomers on general guidelines to follow in order to minimise risk of breaking and entry. (eg should one always park at a city campsite and walk/cycle into town).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I have a plastic coated wire rope which I lock between the two front door handles then I exit the main door, here I've got a fiamma lock which is locked from the outside so in theory the doors shouldn't be accessible. At least while parked in a built up area somebody may be more noticeable trying to gain access through a window.
    As reguards where to park there's nowhere 100% safe. A public carpark where there's a bit of activity is my preferred option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

its on occasions like this my alarm comes in to its own,but i still would not be parking up any quite side streets

Advertisement