Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get from Naas to Maynooth?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

A friend of mine will be in Naas on Saturday and ultimately wants to get to Sligo. It seems like the most direct way is to get to Maynooth and jump on the Sligo train. I can't find a way to get to Maynooth from Naas though, it's 20km.

Does anyone know of a simple way to get there please? Going through Dublin seems like a waste of time and money, but I can't find any buses or trains that will avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'm in college in Maynooth and outside of the college year or when the private coached aren't running the only solution I've ever found is to make a trip of it and head to Dublin to head back down. Fares aren't the worst if you take the bus as opposed to train, should come in under a tenner.

Just checked Bus Eireann and they allow you to purchase a ticket from Naas to Maynooth for a fiver but none of the timetables reflect a route as such, not sure what the story is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Taxi is the only direct option to Maynooth

Option 1 - Kavanaghs Rapid Town bus from Naas to Clane, a Bus Eireann service (from Prosperous I think) passes through Clane, get off in Celbridge and then Dublin Bus to Maynooth.

Option 2 - get bus from Naas to Dublin or train from Sallins to Heston and get 66 Bus from Dublin to Maynooth.

Best option - get Bus Eireann from Naas to Busaras, transfer/walk to Connolly and get Sligo train in Connolly station.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Taxi is the only direct option to Maynooth

Option 1 - Kavanaghs Rapid Town bus from Naas to Clane, a Bus Eireann service (from Prosperous I think) passes through Clane, get off in Celbridge and then Dublin Bus to Maynooth.

Option 2 - get bus from Naas to Dublin or train from Sallins to Heston and get 66 Bus from Dublin to Maynooth.

Best option - get Bus Eireann from Naas to Busaras, transfer/walk to Connolly and get Sligo train in Connolly station.

The "Best option" is the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Im just guessing here but town link from Naas to Clane and Bus Eireann from Clane to Maynooth? Im not sure if either run but its worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Thanks for the replies everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,877 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

djimi wrote: »
    Im just guessing here but town link from Naas to Clane and Bus Eireann from Clane to Maynooth? Im not sure if either run but its worth looking into.

Theres no bus from Clane to Maynooth. A taxi is only about 20 euro from Clane to Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Ah fair enough. I wasnt sure if one of the Bus Eireann buses from Clane to Dublin went thru Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Walk to sallins.
    Train to Hazelhatch in Celbridge.
    Bus from train station into Celbridge.
    Bus to Maynooth.

Or hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Dwn Wth Vwls - just out of interest, how did your friend get to Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Dwn Wth Vwls - just out of interest, how did your friend get to Sligo.

He didn't go in the end, he stayed at what he was at it in Naas. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the suggestions though, everyone.

Advertisement