Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Ants Are Back!

Options
  • 29-07-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

its that time again, noticed on the way home from town..ants with wings on the footpath..millions of them!! and the stick to you, Fcukin horrible things

anyone noticing them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Bloody flants. Hate 'em.

As for flying uncles...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Didnt think they left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I've nest of them
    out my back garden, hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

One flew into my eye yesterday, and I must not have managed to get all of it out cos now it's swollen like mad:(:(

Protip: Shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Kettle of boiling water over em does the job, horrible things:D. Think they are a sign of stormy weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

every year, theyre fookin everywhere, why do gather in such large numbers and get in everyones way. Theres always loads of them in town. They're pretty loud too...

.... wait are we talking about ants?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

73Cat wrote: »
    Kettle of boiling water over em does the job, horrible things:D. Think they are a sign of stormy weather.

Think they're more of a sign of ant mating season ;)

73Cat wrote: »

Boiling water is great for some things... If someone's choking to death on a block of ice, you just pour some down their neck and they're saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Flying ants are actually females and mating takes place this time of year before they set off to establish new colonies.

The males are the skinny wimps running around on the ground playing the waiting game.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

'Dougal looks through a pair of binoculars and sees a crazed army of ants and announces, “The ants are back, Ted.”'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

As a child I used to kill them and cut them open outta boredom:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I stood on one today got him good too :D please send my blue peter badge too .......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Theyre called flies:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Bloody flants. Hate 'em.

As for flying uncles...

I dunno whether I lol'd at this because it's hilarious or becuase I'm at the tail end of a 12 hour day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Theyre called flies:confused:

No, they're ants alright

http://howdyhost.com/photo/insects/FlyingAnt1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Advertisement