Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation

Options
  • 29-07-2010 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just got accepted for on campus accomodation there. However, when I went online merville, roebuck and belgrove were the only places available. As I final student I thought I would have the option of Glenomena. If I select one of the three options does that mean Il be put in with a bunch of first years. As much as I loved the craic in first year, really wouldnt mind getting some study done this year so wouldnt mind being put in a group with final years. Is there any way I can request this?

Thanks a mil for any help,

Stephen :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ring them and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

with the new system each residence has a specific number of places for each category so as gleno is not an option to pick that means the quota for people in your catigory has been reached and no more will be allowed in unless someone from your catigory pulls out etc
    you can decide to reject the offer and wait till a place opens up there but that might not happen and you will also be put back to the end of the waiting list so if a place opens up odds are someone else will take it before you
    also keep in mind that just because your picking in merville, roebuck or belgrove doesn't mean you'll be with first years, its all mixed now so that means no one residence for only final years anymore

just make sure when you are picking you room that if there is anyone else already in the apartment it will say there category e.g. "international student" or "continuing undergrad" etc and if you pick a vacant apartment remember that anyone could pick the remaining rooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stephenlem

Ok. that makes perfect sense. thanks very much uppishhauk. much appreciated.

enjoy your year!

Stephen :)

Advertisement