Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom are an absolute joke.

• 29-07-2010 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I live in a rural area, and struggled to find any broaband for years, until last year, when a company called North West Electronics introduced broaband, I signed up for 3MB and all was well and good, but 6 months later and the speed had dropped from 3 to 0.56, and reliability was becoming a serious problem, i had engineers out on 3 different occasions, which cost me 50 pounds each time, and was very frustrating, eventually I just gave up.

In december i was approached by Eircom who said my exchange was being enabled this month and i would get up to 7mb broaband, so i immediately said yes. After 6 months of ringing Eircom no broadband was put in, however earlier this month, the same rep came round and said that there had been a huge mistake and they enabled the wrong exchange, however the exchange really was enabled now, and that I could get 24mb broadband. So upon completing the forms, he said "oh i forgot to do a speed test" - so he did, and he said, I'm afraid your the only house out of all the houses here that can't get 24mb, your only eligible for 1mb. But he said that putting a new phone line in would solve the problem, as my line was dodgy anyway.

So a week went past and the engineer came, after spending an hour in my driveway he knocked on the door he said 'im afraid i cant do it today' and i said why? he answered 'i cant find the box, ill be back next week'.

So a week past, and the new line was in.

I then phoned Eircom to order my broadband, and they said my line would not qualify for broaband. I was quite frustrated as i paid over 120 euros for the new line, and I was promised it would qualify for 24mb broaband, which i believed considering both my neighbours have it.

So now I went from being able to get 1mb to none at all, how does that work?

Overall I am very very very frustrated, and that rep, along with his phone number, have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Eircom you are and absolute and total disgrace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I think it takes Eircom a few weeks to test the new line and update the line checker database with the new results (im sure ive read that on boards somewhere, prob one of Cabaal or Jor e's posts).

If that is the case, then the sales rep you called is advising you based on your old data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I think it takes Eircom a few weeks to test the new line and update the line checker database with the new results (im sure ive read that on boards somewhere, prob one of Cabaal or Jor e's posts).

If that is the case, then the sales rep you called is advising you based on your old data.

Correct, and even though the support monkey on the phone may tell you that it has been tested, it hasn't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yes this is a fairly regular issue on here someone gets a new line it doesnt appear on the test database for up to a month and then usually the thread dies and the op lives happily ever after with their new bb.

It really is time that Eircom had a better system for dealing with bb and new line installations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭CelticTigress

Did you hear the one about the little boy who wrote to Santa and asked him for a cowboy outfit?

Santa gave him Eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

New lines are free install if ordered any time since march 29th 2010 , who charged you €120 for it ???

That rep you keep talking to is an absolute joke, they must know eircom is running a promotion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement