Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money taken from Laser Card?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I was trying to book a Holiday during the week(Tuesday) on the clubtravel website. It got as far as taking my laser card details, clicked to pay. A message came up something like press back and try again. So I did that and same story again. Rang up clubtravel who informs I have nothing confirmed and if I wanted to book the same place it would be anther 250 euro on top of the website price. I decline and booked another holiday with a different travel agent. Now today I notice money has been taken out. I rang clubtravel who said they hadn't taken it. At that point I didn't know who took the money, now its coming up as sunway (clubtravel website had a note powered by sunway for that trip). The bank couldn't do anything for me either. Has this happened to anyone else, any suggest on what to do?. I'm going to ring Sunway direct tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DingDong wrote: »
    I'm going to ring Sunway direct tomorrow.
    Odd. Never happened to me, but remember to say the magic words, such as please, Small Claims Court, Sue, and Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

the_syco wrote: »
    Odd. Never happened to me, but remember to say the magic words, such as please, Small Claims Court, Sue, and Court.
    Cheers really annoying as I never got so much as an email from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Had a similar issue with one of the hostel booking websites a few years ago, charged about 100 euro to my car for a booking which never went through, took quite a lot of phone calls to get sorted, but I eventually got my money back.

You could also check with your bank whether or not the money is actually taken, or if it's just put on hold and will be released automatically after 5/10 working days if they don't actually take it.

It was on hold till a couple of hours ago so couldnt tell who was taking the money out. But its coming up now as sunway.

Just an update got on to sunway and fair play they are refunding the money with no hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Also the bank saying they could do nothing is a lie, they are obliged to sort this out for you, just lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Also the bank saying they could do nothing is a lie, they are obliged to sort this out for you, just lazy!

Not at this stage. The Merchant (sunway) were the people responsible for sorting out this issue, the bank could/should only get involved if they did not sort it out, which Sunway seem to have done fairly promptly..

Advertisement