Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking in clonmel - never again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Just back from town , parking meter in Sarsfield st, (old Clonmel Arms) 50c for half hour, i put in 70c and got 44 mins. Last week 50c for half an hour from meter outside Menarys. Parking is going to get much worse next year when access to Suir Island carpark will be cut off for almost a year when the bridge is taken down and replaced. Wher are all the cars going to park then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just back from town , parking meter in Sarsfield st, (old Clonmel Arms) 50c for half hour, i put in 70c and got 44 mins. Last week 50c for half an hour from meter outside Menarys. Parking is going to get much worse next year when access to Suir Island carpark will be cut off for almost a year when the bridge is taken down and replaced. Wher are all the cars going to park then ??
    Good man Dalmation1,now they might believe me.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 msj

just wanted to confirm the 50c parking near powers wallpaper shop......very handy! Have you tried Cashel St car park......they give great prices per week and monthly!

50p for half an hour today in O'Connell st at the meter outside the 2 euro shop.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

50c opposite the farriers down by the quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Duracell22

looder wrote: »
    It's the first good thing Carrick town council have done in a number of years to try bring business back into the town centre.

Fair play to them. In my opinion they should go even further and reduce the "rates" shops in the town have to pay in order to help them be even more competitive when compared to the bigger towns like Clonmel and Waterford City.

I've been told that all shops in Carrick have to pay set rates for water charges yet the majority of businesses don't use water. Makes no sense whatsoever if you ask me.It's probably the same in Clonmel and very other town in the country though.

when did they do that,? my husband left the car outside dentists long enough to come in and walk me out when I had my wisdom tooth out recently and we came out to a ticket! when we explained he was just picking me up they were having none of it....60euro fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Was in Mary St carpark (behind Easons) during the week. Cheeky bástards are charging €1 for 50 minutes now!! Sneaky rotten gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Duracell22 wrote: »
    when did they do that,? my husband left the car outside dentists long enough to come in and walk me out when I had my wisdom tooth out recently and we came out to a ticket! when we explained he was just picking me up they were having none of it....60euro fine!!

Which dentists in Carrick? Tuohys in New St has a single yellow line outside it but people are always parking there during the day because there used to be parking spaces there. The parking spaces were removed to allow traffic to flow better up New St because they needed a 2nd lane for traffic that was going down Castle St or over the New Bridge. IIRC the dentists on the main st has a disabled drivers parking bay outside?

I have a fine notice here (for parking which I sucessfully appealed because I hadn't gone over the 20 minutes) for €40 and the only €60 fine on it is for not having valid tax, although if you don't pay a €40 fine within 28 days it goes up to €60 AFAIK

Pain in the arse either way if you weren't in the wrong, is it too late to appeal it? I went into the town hall to appeal they gave me a form to fill in and were very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Duracell22

We're new to the Area so I'm not sure of the streets, but my husband did go to appeal , they were quite ignorant to him and he had to pay! he was literally parked for 3-4 minutes as I'd spent an hour and a half having wisdom tooth pulled and I was in a bad way he didn't want me to have far to walk in the cold air after it , but he pulled up and came in to walk me out of the surgery, that was the extent of the parking! just a sign of what this country is coming to I reckon...:(

Parking was free in Clonmel last Saturday and there was some crowd around the Town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Parked over in the car park near the cinema today and cheecky runts have upped the charge from €1 an hour to €1.20 for an hour( with a euro only getting u 50 mins)

Parked over in the car park near the cinema today and cheecky runts have upped the charge from €1 an hour to €1.20 for an hour( with a euro only getting u 50 mins)
    Must be trying to recoup the money they lost on the free parking day last Sat,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

It went up a while ago I'd say, on childrens allowance day (1st tuesday of the month) I put in 2 euro and didn't even look at the ticket I just presumed I'd have 2 hours and when I got back to the car I realised I'd only got about an hour and 40 minutes for my €2 and I was gone 20 minutes over the time.

I didn't have a fine (f.u. traffic warden :D) but it would have been some PITA if I had because I came back within the 2 hours so didn't know I was over the time

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clonmelinfo

Parking prices in Clonmel is a disgrace, there was recently just 2 days free parking (car parks only). Budget passed lately will allow for each Saturday in December free car parking(Car Park only) for 2011. Multi storey car park for Mary Street to be looked at in 2012.

What more can I say

Advertisement