Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog cold

Options
  • 29-07-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Looking for advice on my dog. She seems to have a cold with a runny nose, a little sneezing and what seems to be some sort of snorting. Do dogs get colds like humans or can it be something more? She has just got her annual injections last week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Did she get a kennel cough vaccination?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

I heard from a dog groomer today that there is canine flu doing the rounds. The main symptom is sneezing, and it's recommended that you take any dog who has symptoms to the vet for treatment.

Hope your dog is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭heartofarebel

Not a 100% sure. I know she got it when we got her from the rescue centre. She gets the booster every year for the last 2 years. She got Lepto 2 and DHPPi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Hayfever is common enough in dogs at this time of year in my experience.

If you're worried you should go to the vet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Sounds like kennel cough.

Kennel cough vaccine is different to the ones you mentioned, it goes up her nose.

Ring your vet for advice as she may need antibiotics. Make sure you tell them over the phone that you think it is kennel cough and don't bring her into the waiting room as it's highly contagious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

usually you have to request the kennel cough, so maybe get that done. Althought he vaccination doesnt cover every type of kennel cough, as like the human flu, the virus keeps changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭heartofarebel

I have never been advised by a vet about geting the kenel cough injection, even with two dogs. You would think that they would say something knowing it can be dangerous. I'll give it until tomorrow
    and she how she is. It's better to be safe then sorry. Thanks all.

Advertisement