Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else having a poblem with post?

• 29-07-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am totally fed up! Every second thng I post doesnt get to that address and I'm not getting post even though people say they are sending letters. I've checked and I have the correct addresses and so do those sending them to me. Is this happening to anyone else anywhere else?:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 nalorac

This happened a couple of times at my previous Cavan address. Sometimes letters would arrive 3 or 4 weeks after they were posted to me and many time (too many to count) the post would arrive stinking of cigarettes and with coffee cup stains on or around the envelope. The final straw was a birthday card from a generous relative with a nice ;) cheque inside that came in the letterbox 11 days after being posted from Dublin, not quite sogging wet but like it had been sogging and dried out. I had to pry the card open :mad:
    Anyway, I spoke to the neighbours and only 1 was having the same prob. Turns out we were the last deliverys of the day, no excuse though. I made a complaint with An Post head office which I did by writing because if you live in an area like mine - everyone knows everyone so I didn't want to complain to the local office.
    Never had a prob with the post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cavangirl21

Well thank you very much for your message! I thought I was losing it! I'll write to them tomorrow and hopefully things will improve:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Johnny T

Hi, I've had same problems as well although it did'nt really dawn on me till I read your post.
    I work mostly from home and have posted stuff to some of the local banks in Cavan, where they would have been expecting them the next day, but they did'nt arrive for several days. Likewise, stuff sent to me from town took a couple of days to arrive.
    However, mostly they would be on time.
    Yeah, best bet is to write a letter. I might do the same myself.

Advertisement