Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moms to be December 2010

Options
  • 29-07-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi Moms and Dads to be. Just wondering if anybody else is due in December. My EDD is the 2nd and this will be my 3rd. I am attending OLOL in Drogheda.

Would be great to have a chat with other Moms due in the same month. xx :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hiya,

I was a Dec mum in 2008! It really is a great time to have a baby. Nice snuggly days in with your baby beside a fire. First Christmas where they don't have a clue what's going on. Crisp walks with your baby wrapped up tight in the buggy.

Fantastic time to have a baby...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

\o/ Over here :D I'm due 12th of December.. can't wait..

*HIGH 5*

xzanti wrote: »
    \o/ Over here :D I'm due 12th of December.. can't wait..

*HIGH 5*

Ahhh!!! That's my littles girls birthday! It was also my due date back then too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm due 25th November but if I go over (quite likely I'm told as it's my first) I might just fall into your December catagory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shaylee

Ah thanks for the replies ladies.

Funny you say that adrieanne__x as I have had people say to me that winter is a bad time to have a baby and oh getting up for night feeds in the winter cold nights will be so hard bla bla bla..

I think its great as baby will be 5-6 months old in the summer so baby will be bigger and stronger and easier to manage when I am taking my other 2 out.

Well I have my hospital appointment not this week but next and I am hoping to get another scan.. Probably not.. But we can hope..

Hope you other moms to be in December are doing well and not feeling to big like I am lol.. :)

High five back at you xzanti.. lol

You never know lola92 you could be lucky and go on your due date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'm due 7th dec. was told 2nd before that so I was 21 weeks for 2 weeks:( This will be my fourth and i have 3 boys so my money is on another boy. Will be great fun though with all these lads in the house! Feeling very big and uncomfortable already. Definitely the last one this time and getting body back to normal asap after! Sick of feeling crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I was due December just gone, but my little lady didn't arrive until January! 8 Days late!!

Winter is definately a nice time to have a baby... although we didn't find it so great getting to Dublin in the snow when I was in labour. And then I got snowed into the hospital and my husband couldn't get in to collect us! :mad:

You don't really feel like going out for the first few days/few weeks so its nice to think "oh its far too cold to be bringing a tiny little baby out" if you don't want to. And if you do go out, its great to be able to wear lots of layers to cover up the baby belly!

Its great now having an (almost) 7 month old in this weather (the good days anyway!) We're getting out for lots of walks and she loves looking around at everything. She loves sitting on the grass too. We forget how the things we take for granted, like tress and the grass and dogs etc... and all new a exciting things to our little angels!

Ah no 21 weeks for 2 weeks.. That was a long week lol.. 3 boys and maybe another.. I think you could get an Irish football team of your own going. I am not finding out this time as I want that surprise. I think this baby is our last as well.. But I won't say never..

Can't believe you got snowed in.. What a story to tell your dd when she is older. We are ok as the hospital is basically a 10 min drive, But if theres traffic it can be a 20 min drive. My ds is an April baby and my dd is a may baby so December will definitely be new and exciting. Although my bday is in December as well.. So there will be lots to celebrate.. The joys of it all.

Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'm due on Christmas Day :eek:

I've already told my mum I want a fake Christmas Day at the start of December so I don't miss out on Christmas dinner! Have my big scan Thurs week, going to find out the sex then - already getting an earful from my parents about that. According to them "no-one" will be excited then when we have the baby because they'll already know its a boy/girl :rolleyes:
    I just said we didnt plan a baby to give everyone else something to be excited about!

I found out on dd and it was very exciting to know.. I still had to ask though when I had her.. lol..

Maybe don't tell anybody what your having... If you can keep it in of course. Christmas day is lovely. Santa will be giving you the best present ever.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

sillysocks wrote: »
    I'm due on Christmas Day :eek:

I've already told my mum I want a fake Christmas Day at the start of December so I don't miss out on Christmas dinner! Have my big scan Thurs week, going to find out the sex then - already getting an earful from my parents about that. According to them "no-one" will be excited then when we have the baby because they'll already know its a boy/girl :rolleyes:
    I just said we didnt plan a baby to give everyone else something to be excited about!

I was due Christmas day.... It didn't happen though!

We found out what we were having and didn't tell anybody! It was great fun!

Good luck with the scan! Its amazing seeing an actual little person growing inside you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

I have a December bump!

Due the 30th so might go over into January. It would be gas to get the first baby of the New Year!

I am a bit worried about being in over Christmas though. Has anyone been in then? I am hoping to do the Early Transfer Home scheme if I can because regardless of the time of year I don't really like the thought of being in hospital! Would much rather be at home! The thought of sitting in a ward with strangers and my husband having to go home on his own at 9pm on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve just makes me feel really sad!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a 1st January 2009 baby:)
    Don't forget to buy a little snow suit for bringing baba home,it never dawned on me;)
    We had to take a diversion to Dunnes on our way home.
    It is nice having maternity leave in the winter so you don't have to get up on the awful cold mornings and go to work.
    Worst bit about it I think is we have had 2 crazy bad winters and the worries about getting to the hospital in the snow and ice!
    Due again in Jan 2011 \o/

sillysocks wrote: »
    Have my big scan Thurs week, going to find out the sex then - already getting an earful from my parents about that. According to them "no-one" will be excited then when we have the baby because they'll already know its a boy/girl :rolleyes:

We have our big scan tomorrow :) can't wait.. I would love to find out what I'm having but the OH is staunchly against it :rolleyes: I'll be having a little look 'down there' anyway to see can I get an idea.. I've seen a few youtube clips where they show what 'it' will look like so I'd have an idea what I'm looking at lol.. I know I'm useless hehe :D

Best of Luck to those getting scans.. I would love to have another one.. :( But at least I have my own doppler so I can hear baby's heartbeat whenever I want.. :D

Well I was 2hrs waiting in hosp and 5 mins with doc. No scan :( But baby is fine and bump is growing nicely so I should not complain.. Maybe next time.. I can hope but I know I won't get one again.. :(

That's a pity Shaylee :( maybe next time!

Had our 21 week scan during the week, everything was perfect, and found out it's a little girl :D
    didn't see the doc or anything at the hosp, they literally gave me the scan and that was it. Feeling fine though so didn't mind that too much.
    Might start baby shopping now, have nothing at all bought or picked so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 smaaaa

aw congrats im hoping for a little girl too im due christmas eve im finDing out the sex monday week
    AAAAH SO EXCITING course ill be happy either way

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tamedartist

Hi Girls,
    Im due Dec 17th!! Have had big scan and now so excited!! only 17 weeks left ...:D

Congrats tamedartist :D

God you’ve freaked me out a bit now – when I read the bit about you having 17 weeks to go I thought to myself, she must have calculated wrong because I’m the week after that and still have way more than that left! Then I looked at the calendar and see I only have 18 weeks left :eek:
    Sounds so little when you say it in weeks rather than months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Girls reading all your posts really brought it all back to me! I can feel all your excitement and joy. Its wonderful. and I wish everyone all the best with your bumps and babes.

I too had a baby girl Dec 2008 - she wasnt due till 9th Jan. I was working extremely hard coming up to Christmas and had my last day on the 23rd of Dec, I also had a scan that day too. Last day in work was exciting and busy trying to finish up some bits and pieces and I rushed through my scan and appointment and just happened to mention going out the door that my hands and feet were extremely itchy the night before.
    The nurse looked at me and said she better check my blood , took some samples and told me to ring back in the evening I needed to get the results before they finished for Christmas break.
    So back to work with me and as instructed I rang in the evening and they told me to come straight in they had to induce me. I had Cholestasis (itchy mom's). I hadnt even got a bag packed!!!
    I was really scared and very upset as I had worked so so hard up to this point and was looking forward to relaxing over Christmas and getting home to my family.
    So in we went on the 23rd to be induced...I was in all over Christmas. No sign of baby on Chistmas eve...no sign on Christmas Day (they let me out for a few hours Christmas day but we had nothing in the house to eat so we had managed to scrap together some spag bol for Christmas dinner!)....eventually on St. Stephens day they decided to break my waters for me....10 hours of hard hard hard labour and baby finally arrived 3 weeks early but many days of labour later.
    We hadnt even got a name picked so just went with Holly (I wasnt going to call her Stephen). I think I asked the doctors what flavour I got too :rolleyes:

I agree Christmas is a lovely time to have a baby. We brought her home two days later (although I wanted to go home straight away - I had enough of hospital over the Christmas!) And we had such a lovely few weeks snuggled up on the couch together watching old films beside the fire and even enjoying a glass of wine!
    It was one Christmas we will never forget. Only I dont know how Holly will feel celebrating her birthday straight after Christmas Day!

If I had some advice to give to anyone, it would be to enjoy your pregnancy, it really goes by so fast and dont over do it like me!

Ah cowhands, Thanks for sharing your story. I know how fast it goes. I cannot believe that I am 25 weeks already. x

My little sisters name is Holly. She was a summer baby, but I love that name. :D

Any December arrivals yet?? I had my little man on the 27th of November. I went early for a change lol.. My labour was so fast that I had no pain relief and literally spat him out lol.. Hes nearly 2 weeks old already. Its flying. I hope everyone is keeping well. x :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

3rd babies do come very quick, i had my 3rd 4 years ago on the 29th of this month, the epidural kicked in 5 mins before i started pushing, thankfully as i had a nasty 3rd degree tear.

Cant believe my baby is 4 in 21 days.

* there must be something in the water 5 of my friends are pregnant 3 due in may, 1 in june and 1 in july.

Congrats :D

I'm still waiting..... due in 2 weeks now, started maternity leave today. Looking forward to a bit of chilling out and just relaxing - but I'm kind of housebound until all this ice and snow disappears so really hope it goes soon - want to make the most of my last few weeks of "freedom" :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

cowhands - my girl was due 9th Jan 2009 too:) was born the 1st
    Hoping I go early again this time,1st Jan would suit again:)

Congrats Shaylee :D I'm due on Sunday :eek:

I was told on my last Hospital visit that the head was "well down" so I more than likely won't go over due.. Could be any day I guess.. scary stuff :o:D

xzanti wrote: »
    Congrats Shaylee :D I'm due on Sunday :eek:

I was told on my last Hospital visit that the head was "well down" so I more than likely won't go over due.. Could be any day I guess.. scary stuff :o:D

Best date to be born on ;) Addison will be two on Sunday! Hopefully you'll have your baby in your arms then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

Just another three weeks to go here. I can't believe it! Baby is engaged so really it could be any day I suppose. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, and prepared to go into January!

• Advertisement

Best of luck ladies.. Its such a magical time. I wish I could pause time at that moment when you first hold your baby. its such an amazing feeling. I had a 2nd degree tear on him.. Don't know how as he was only 6lbs7oz. The smallest out of my other 2.. But he was coming so fast that the midwife had to catch him when he popped out and his head was bruised.. My labour only lasted 1hr22mins... I had just got bloods done for epi when I started getting the pushing feeling.. oh It was brilliant even though it was painful.. I loved being able to shower straight after.. What a refreshing feeling.

So exciting for those still waiting. Hang onto that moment for as long as you can when you first hold babs.. Keep us updated.. x :D

Advertisement