Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Battery vodafone

Options
  • 29-07-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I bought a samsung tocca from the vodafone website about 7 months ago. The battery only lasts about a day now. Ive never seen such a bad battery on a phone - most last a year to two years.
    Should I go to vodafone or is it something Ive to put up with?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Do you wait til the battery fully dies before charging it? Someone in the meteor shop told me that charging it before it's dead can weaken it, although I'm not sure how true that is.

I've had a sony phone for about 4 months and the battery dies after about 8-10 hours if I'm lucky. I usually charge it in the evening and again overnight because it's dead by the time I go to sleep. A day isn't all that bad for a phone battery IMO, but if it was lasting longer before now, bring it into a vodafone shop. Tell them the battery is dying more frequently than it was when you bought it and they'll probably take it to be "fixed" for a few weeks and just replace the battery in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

yeah you should only charge your phone (or anything else lith-ion really) when you need to. bad habits are to charge your phone beside your bed,sofa even when there is still battery in it.

check with Vodafone if they can replace it for you, but alot of companies would put a 6 month warranty on batteries, chargers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

As another poster said,I have a Sony one,it's brutal. Think that might just be the life of them,perhaps I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You shouldn't let a Li-ion battery fully discharge too often.
    DO NOT fully discharge a lithium-ion battery! Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries' life is shortened every time you fully discharge them. Instead, charge them when the battery meter shows one bar left. Lithium-ion batteries, like most rechargeable batteries have a set amount of chargers in them.[1]

They don't have the memory affect that the older batteries had.

About a day is all you'll get out of smart phone batteries especially if you use the features. If you want more then a day you have to go old school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Battery life will also greatly depend on the strength of your signal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Turn off 3g,

My E71 lasts 1 1/2 - 2 days with the 3g on, 5 days with the 3g on.

Coverage is crappy so the phone has to use more power.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Turn off 3g,

My E71 lasts 1 1/2 - 2 days with the 3g on, 5 days with the 3g on.

Coverage is crappy so the phone has to use more power.

I assume that the 2nd "on" should be "off", although I'm still half asleep at that time of the morning as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I assume that the 2nd "on" should be "off", although I'm still half asleep at that time of the morning as well.:D

off ..lol !

Seriously though .. 5 days battery life is a god send at a 4 day music festival ;)

Advertisement