Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any of you know the song "2 and 9"?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

At least I think it is 2 and 9...

It's a trad song (or ballad, not sure of the right terminology) which is kind of funny... it's about a guy singing if he had 2 and 9 in his pocket he'd be able to take a girl out or something like that. The chorus repeatedly sings 2 and 9, 2 and 9...

Do any of you know of this song?!

Thanks!!

Comments

At least I think it is 2 and 9...

It's a trad song (or ballad, not sure of the right terminology) which is kind of funny... it's about a guy singing if he had 2 and 9 in his pocket he'd be able to take a girl out or something like that. The chorus repeatedly sings 2 and 9, 2 and 9...

Do any of you know of this song?!

Thanks!!

4 and 9 i think its called, by the Bridies, remember watching them play in Croker at the all ireland semi in 2007 between matches, mortified i still know all the details! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

Thanks! 4 and 9, that's it.

The version I heard was being sung by some aul fella and sounded great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I love this

"4 and 9 I still have yet
    4 and 9 I'll never forget
    You'll never take your laady out to dine
    If you have in your pocket only 4 and 9"

That's all I Know :(

Advertisement