Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPhone 4...who's getting one in the morning?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

just wondering how many people here plan to buy (if lucky) this iPhone 4 tomorrow when it is released.

I will be getting one on O2 :)

Who else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

me me me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Alarm set

Day taken off work

I'm sure as hell going to try get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Silverfish wrote: »
    Alarm set

Day taken off work

All of this

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Alarm set

Day taken off work

LOL sounds like you have your heart set anyway :pac:

...Im getting the 32GB...can't wait! Played with one already though, kinda spoils the fun... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Liffey Valley 8am, ready to pick up. Jumped ship from VF to 3 after 10 years.

• Advertisement

I'm just gonna get the 16gb. That's the size of my 3GS so don't need any bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Going to order online at 8am, 100% chance of website fail.

naasrd wrote: »
    Liffey Valley 8am, ready to pick up. Jumped ship from VF to 3 after 10 years.

Yeah Voda priceplans suck major A** :cool:

What time do you guys plan to queue?? I will be doing no queuing as I know someone who works in a phone store... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 podgedurka

Gettin one in just under two hours im like a child at christmas :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Good luck getting your iPhones in the morning. Hope to read your success stories later:D

• Advertisement

I'll be sitting outside my O2 store from 6.30 watching videos on my iPad to keep me entertained :)

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Yeah Voda priceplans suck major A** :cool:

What time do you guys plan to queue?? I will be doing no queuing as I know someone who works in a phone store... :)

Was told those with a booking number will be called to top of queue at 8am regardless of position in queue, then 1st come 1st served after that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hope you all get one guys. i havent put mine out of my hand since i got it. my girl friend thinks ive moved out or something :D

Was told those with a booking number will be called to top of queue at 8am regardless of position in queue, then 1st come 1st served after that.

No I'm not on a waiting list. I will just get one. Nevermind how :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭willbur

thor said to me today that he is getting one at midnight tonight in grafton street , dont no where :cool:

willbur wrote: »
    thor said to me today that he is getting one at midnight tonight in grafton street , dont no where :cool:

Some THREE stores are selling the iPhone 4 from 00:01am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm on a list since 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping that they'll have one for me. I'm gonna try the vf shop where I'm on that said list at 9 am and pray that I'm lucky.

I've been waiting too long for this to go wrong, plus the buyer for my 3gs is equally as enthusiastic to get his hands on that :) .

BanjoB wrote: »
    I'm on a list since 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping that they'll have one for me. I'm gonna try the vf shop where I'm on that said list at 9 am and pray that I'm lucky.

I've been waiting too long for this to go wrong, plus the buyer for my 3gs is equally as enthusiastic to get his hands on that :) .

LOL making your 3GS customer wait til you get your iPhone 4 -classic :pac:

Would you not start queuing before 9am? I mean that is really late considering some people will start at 5/6am...just for your own sake like...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not me. €360 on O2 is too expensive for me for the time being, I'll leave it for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Seriously tempted to queue for one to have it NOW! but stopping to think about it, I would prefer the Apple Sim-free properly unlocked phone, so I'm going to order from Apple online. Been researching it a lot on UK sites for the last few weeks so I don't mind waiting a few more for what I really need.

So hard to resist though, love my gadgets, although admittedly part of it would be showing it off in the pub tomorrow night, sad I know :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

How would u get a booking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Well when I asked he said he would contact the people on the list Friday morning irrespective of the queu, so I think it might be pointless going in that early.

Of course I'd never leave go of my 3gs till I got the 4!!!. My girlfriend says she feels like she's going out with me and my iPhone,I'm that attached to it!!!. Lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

Realistically speaking what are the chances of picking up one of these in the morning without queuing from 6am or being on some special list or knowing someone in store?
    Will I bother going down just before 8 to an O2 store or are people that obsessed with iphones that I'll be met by hundreds of grown men queuing for one whilst playing on their iphone 3GS or ipads?

(I've never used one, but would like to buy one and I've the day off worK)

How would u get a booking number?

Called in today and filled out a direct debit form, brought ID etc. They called me back 3 hours later saying bank details were processed and issued me a booking number.

yogy wrote: »
    Realistically speaking what are the chances of picking up one of these in the morning without queuing from 6am or being on some special list or knowing someone in store?
    Will I bother going down just before 8 to an O2 store or are people that obsessed with iphones that I'll be met by hundreds of grown men queuing for one whilst playing on their iphone 3GS or ipads?

(I've never used one, but would like to buy one and I've the day off worK)

To be honest, I'm not an Apple freak. But having played with the iPhone 4 in France on June 25th, I realised how beautifull the phone really is, and how great it is. It has EVERYTHING I need. The 3GS didnt have a decent enough camera.

Now that the 4 has what I'm looking for, I am getting one. I am just fortunate enough to know someone who works in a phone shop.

I would reccomend to start queuing at 6/7am if you really want one. But who knows, you might just get lucky! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Alarm set

Day taken off work

Best of luck, let me know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

are vf & three both first come first served or is there a waiting list?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm up at 5.45 to be out the door for 6...Shop opens at 8.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease let me get one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Called in today and filled out a direct debit form, brought ID etc. They called me back 3 hours later saying bank details were processed and issued me a booking number.
    Ah cool. Just I Got a text off their store today but obviously not the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

misslt wrote: »
    I'm up at 5.45 to be out the door for 6...Shop opens at 8.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease let me get one!!

Good Luck!
    ;)

Advertisement