Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPhone 4...who's getting one in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

misslt wrote: »
    I'm up at 5.45 to be out the door for 6...Shop opens at 8.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease let me get one!!

Ah im sure you wont missit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Appleguy wrote: »

You deserve one just for being called Appleguy :)

which GB do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

john-joe wrote: »
    Good Luck!
    ;)

thanks!!!

Sssshhh I will!! I will!!
    jayjay2010 wrote: »
    You deserve one just for being called Appleguy :)

which GB do you want?

I want 16GB..have an old classic 30GB that I haven't filled 4 years later so the 16 should be loads!!

I cant afford one sadly :o

Picked up a 32GB 3gs the other day that will have to do me for another year.
    Love the excitement of waiting on all you guys to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I was so surprised - I wanted the 16GB white 3GS for €199 on a contract.

The 16GB 4 is €259 on the same plan so for the sake of €60 i thought why the hell not!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

I was so surprised - I wanted the 16GB white 3GS for €199 on a contract.

The 16GB 4 is €259 on the same plan so for the sake of €60 i thought why the hell not!!

To be honest I was quite amazed to see how much the iPhone 4 prices has risen...I am a bit dissapointed.

But feck it, great phone + will last me a long time (or at least I hope! :) )

Ye your sorted if your on the bill alright! They're fairly reasonable.

Prepay not so much :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Not me. €360 on O2 is too expensive for me for the time being, I'll leave it for a couple of months.

me too
    would love the 32G but can't even afford the 16 at the mo :(

//starts writing santa letter now

good luck to all queueing tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

oh the suspense is killing me, only 46 mins to go!

hope every1 gets what they want ;)

jayjay2010 wrote: »

But feck it, great phone + will last me a long time (or at least I hope! :) )

If it lasts half as long as their computer hardware does ya should have no problem.

I still don't think they will beat the old 2g reliability wise. Fine you couldn't hear it when it rang in your pocket but they were rock solid. You could literally throw it around and it would never break.

I've a feeling they have gone for quantity not quality in recent years.
    Good idea extending the unibody design from the MBP's to the iPhone though it does look great.

• Advertisement

john-joe wrote: »

hope every1 gets what they want ;)

Starting to sound like christmas too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I still don't think they will beat the old 2g reliability wise. Fine you couldn't hear it when it rang in your pocket but they were rock solid. You could literally throw it around and it would never break.

Yeah, rock solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Living in a smallish town may have it's advantages. Hoping to pick one up when 02 opens here at 9.30. €259 shouldn't break the bank too much.

(wonder what my next pint around Christmas will taste like?) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

If it lasts half as long as their computer hardware does ya should have no problem.

I've a feeling they have gone for quantity not quality in recent years.
    Good idea extending the unibody design from the MBP's to the iPhone though it does look great.

The Iphone 4 has much more solid feel to it, maybe even feel a bit heavier, but definitely more solid. Gave it numerous death grip tests and signal didn't budge a sausage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Saw my iPhone this evening as the Vodafone lady wrapped my details around it! Wasn't going near Vodafone with a stick until I did the sums and realised everyone I know is with them.

Just walked into a 'suburban' shop at 6:30pm and she just said what one do you want - no probs just pick it up tomorrow before 1pm!

Am dying to hear how all you guys get on looking forward to some good stories. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

There is a queue of about 20 people outside Vodafone on Grafton Street right now, waiting to buy iPhone 4s.
    Directly across the street in the doorway of Vera Moda, is a homeless person in a sleeping bag.
    This is, I guess, what Dublin's all about these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

shall be an iphone 4 waiting for me tomorrow morning.

same as every morning for the last month, it's a beautiful thing to wake up to :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

There is a queue of about 20 people outside Vodafone on Grafton Street right now, waiting to buy iPhone 4s.
    Directly across the street in the doorway of Vera Moda, is a homeless person in a sleeping bag.
    This is, I guess, what Dublin's all about these days.

What? i thought the vodafone store in grafton street did not have a midnight launch !!!! thats what the lady instore told me today !!! WTF !!!

Do u think those 10 guys are waiting for the store to open in the morning tomorow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I rang O2 today ,,,,,

I got my 3gs last October but am now out of contract from O2 due to their latest rip off attempt of changing the terms and conditions ( which I only learned about thanks to you guys here! :D )

I asked them how much for me to get the 32g Iphone 4 . They would only give me the silver upgrade so the phone would cost me €359 plus they wanted me to pay another €50 euro to become eligible for the upgrade .Thats a total of €409 if I choose to be loyal to O2 , even though my monthly bills are over €240 per month...

Shame on O2 and VF. They should be doing everything they can to keep their customers.

Guess what network I'm going too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

What are the chances of walking into a CPW or O2 store tomorrow and picking up a ready to go/speakeasy/prepay iPhone? Or will it only be available as bill pay tomorrow?

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    What are the chances of walking into a CPW or O2 store tomorrow and picking up a ready to go/speakeasy/prepay iPhone? Or will it only be available as bill pay tomorrow?

The chances of getting a ready to go from O2 is very slim. Infact unless you queue up early, you probably wont even be able to see an iphone 4.

I am thinking of buying one online now at midnight from 3.
    Does anyone know if apple will be selling iphone 4 online from midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ok. Here we go.... Midnight ! Let the games begin. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

jmx009 wrote: »
    What? i thought the vodafone store in grafton street did not have a midnight launch !!!! thats what the lady instore told me today !!! WTF !!!

Do u think those 10 guys are waiting for the store to open in the morning tomorow??

Well, I don't think they're waiting for the homeless guy to wake up so they can all give him soup and a sandwich.

what was the price for the iphone 4 16 gb with the basic pack. ITs only 209 now. Was it 209 before or did they just reduce it at the last minute???

ANyways, the 3 site is down already !!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭j_lennon18

3 is out of stock already :pac:

update. 3 onlin is out of stock !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Lordhumphreys

Congrats to anyone who manages to even get one. O2 have only gotten 780 iPhone 4 handsets!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I wonder if Three even sold a single phone online or just went live with an OUT IF STOCK message. Glad I didn't put my eggs in THAT basket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

is it first come first served in the three stores?

don't want to queue if im told my name on list :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

wow i must be a lucky one...my order was processed so fingers crossed three deliver!

Advertisement