Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPhone 4...who's getting one in the morning?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

YAHH!!! I was right. Will everyone be able to rush in or will it be a calm one by one because im in a wheel chair atm :(

The Q will take place at Argos entrance, then the store manager or o2 angels will ease everyone in. So once you have your spot you should be fine. :)

Enjoy your iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

right i'm off to my local 3 store here in Ennis,
    wish me luck, i have a reference number, but not holding my breath till i have it in my hands ! shop opens at 8 :D
    and its pissing outside, great, hasn't rained all week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eximius

Does any one think im waisting my time going to the 3 grafton street shop....its a good hour and a half away from me but still the closest.......worth a punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

About 20 people already in queue outside the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

14 outside the store in daunt square here in Cork. The staff have just arrived to setup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

There's about twenty people in the que outside o2 in Waterford city, yet there's no one outside the 3 store! I really hope 3 didn't sell out last night in the two hours they were open!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Online store open, amazingly the site didn't fall over or even slow. I wonder if demand is not as high as in previous years? Is the death grip putting people off? The number of carriers this time or the fact that many people have an iphone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

got mine in ennis, only 5 people there, and 8 units for sale ! my old phone still connected to meteor, how long does the port take.....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Anthropology

I called up asking about the iPhone 4.

A girl named Siobhan said it would be €369 for 16GB and €469 for 32GB.

I am due and upgrade and don't understand (obviously a sales thing) why it is more than being a new customer on an 18 Month contract.

http://www.three.ie/iphone/index.htm

I am calling back later to get the price down; which i will.

Will update soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Went to Liffey Valley, got there at about 7.30, there was about 10 people ahead of us in the queue, and some queue dodgers as well, but the fact that I was just out of bed, hair barely brushed and hadn't had a shower yet kept them back.

Once again Carphone Warehouse came good, walked out at 8.20 with my new iphone.

Rockin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I called up asking about the iPhone 4.

A girl named Siobhan said it would be €369 for 16GB and €469 for 32GB.

I am due and upgrade and don't understand (obviously a sales thing) why it is more than being a new customer on an 18 Month contract.

http://www.three.ie/iphone/index.htm

I am calling back later to get the price down; which i will.

Will update soon.

You will be lucky :D I have been on hold for the last 25 minutes :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Vodafone in Blackrock still have bunch if anyones interested.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just back from 3 in waterford, very quick and painless!

and as my iphone 4 is syncing, i have FULL coverage on my 4....where i only have 1 bar on my 3gs!

o2...you pack of scumbags!

haha yeah i was on hold for 20 mins yesturday to be told to call back today...balls

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Surprisingly both vodafone and three websites are still selling iphone 4s.

Three.ie said that they were out of stock at about 3 minutes past midnight yesterday. Yet now they seem to have lots of units to sell online. Wonder why they showed that they didnt have any stocks left yesterday?? they cant have miraculously summoned more units today, could they?

Anyways, i bought my unit on pre pay from Vodafone. I am wondering, I said i am an existing customer and ordered one. I am wodering, will i get a new micro sim along with the set on tuesday? Or do i have to take my current sim with the set to a vodafone store to get a new micro sim? Does anyone kno?

ronaneire wrote: »
    You will be lucky :D I have been on hold for the last 25 minutes :mad:

Was on hold for 11 mins...i now hate 'more than words' song

Spoke to Dermot. He seemed new and put me on hold twice to 'find out' and 'process the details'

€40 / Month
    16GB - €209
    32GB - €309

Would not budge on price even through I pressed him hard.

Kept cycling through what he was taught...'we offer the most competitive prices in Ireland and it is the leading handset you know?'

Delivery within 10 days.

He would not tell me what commision he was getting...haha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

jmx009 wrote: »
    Surprisingly both vodafone and three websites are still selling iphone 4s.

Three.ie said that they were out of stock at about 3 minutes past midnight yesterday. Yet now they seem to have lots of units to sell online. Wonder why they showed that they didnt have any stocks left yesterday?? they cant have miraculously summoned more units today, could they?

Anyways, i bought my unit on pre pay from Vodafone. I am wondering, I said i am an existing customer and ordered one. I am wodering, will i get a new micro sim along with the set on tuesday? Or do i have to take my current sim with the set to a vodafone store to get a new micro sim? Does anyone kno?

I got a phone call from a three rep this afternoon telling me i could buy one now on the phone and they would courier it to me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I joined a small queue in Vodafone shop this morning and got the last one in stock. The guy behind me was raging but I really hope they had one for him in the delivery that came in at the same time.
    It really is a thing of beauty though. :)

Advertisement