Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jedward are number 1?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭NUIG_FiannaFail

Well done Jedward. They show the innovation and entrepreneurial spirit other young men should. You don't see Jedward moaning on the dole queues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

they are crap! they should get a haircut in peter marks out of their first wage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Fair play to them. Wouldn't be my cup of tea but they're doing well and good for them. They surpass Boyzone and Ronan Keating in the talent stakes so I'd personally much rather see them at No 1 then the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

greenie wrote: »
    It's funny isn't it? People all over the world love them. They were really popular in England and the americans love them. Lots of celebs seem to adore them. They're young, innocent, harmless and giving it a go. People have their backs and want to see them succeed.
    Except of course the Irish. Their own country. Their home. Nobody wants them to fail more than their own people. 90% of the hate comes from their own nationality. A couple of posters here have used the c word.
    It's sad.

They are not recognised in America at all. As stereotypically 'stupid' the Americans are perceived to be, they would never buy into such a cheesy, amateur act. Ireland and Britain and perhaps some Continental European country who love extra cheesy music (e.g. David Hasslehoff's music is very popular in Germany and Six apparently had a big fan base in Sweden) are the only countries who have actually heard of them.

It's not so much hate for them (maybe stop bringing up the whole begrudgery argument everytime someone brings up a valid argument. It's wearing a bit thin at this stage)

It's more like we have so many far better acts who deserve to be recognised and have the success of Jedward e.g. Cathy Davey, The Cast of Cheers, Duke Special, Fred etc.

Jedward are just simply too embarrassing an act to be representing Ireland. Along with Westlife and Boyzone it shows that only the untalented and heavily marketed bands are being forced on us in the popular music department. Pop music can actually be a good genre (at least it used to be) that showcases talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

It's funny isn't it? People all over the world love them. They were really popular in England and the americans love them. Lots of celebs seem to adore them. They're young, innocent, harmless and giving it a go. People have their backs and want to see them succeed.
    Except of course the Irish. Their own country. Their home. Nobody wants them to fail more than their own people. 90% of the hate comes from their own nationality. A couple of posters here have used the c word.
    It's sad.

You tube views = fame

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

The reason us Irish hate them is their complete and utter lack of talent. They throw a ton of hair gel on and dance (out of time) around whilst miming other peoples records. There is no talent in that. Anyone could do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Luis21 wrote: »
    The reason us Irish hate them is their complete and utter lack of talent. They throw a ton of hair gel on and dance (out of time) around whilst miming other peoples records. There is no talent in that. Anyone could do it.

Sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

blow69 wrote: »
    They are not recognised in America at all. As stereotypically 'stupid' the Americans are perceived to be, they would never buy into such a cheesy, amateur act. Ireland and Britain and perhaps some Continental European country who love extra cheesy music (e.g. David Hasslehoff's music is very popular in Germany and Six apparently had a big fan base in Sweden) are the only countries who have actually heard of them.

It's not so much hate for them (maybe stop bringing up the whole begrudgery argument everytime someone brings up a valid argument. It's wearing a bit thin at this stage)

It's more like we have so many far better acts who deserve to be recognised and have the success of Jedward e.g. Cathy Davey, The Cast of Cheers, Duke Special, Fred etc.

Jedward are just simply too embarrassing an act to be representing Ireland. Along with Westlife and Boyzone it shows that only the untalented and heavily marketed bands are being forced on us in the popular music department. Pop music can actually be a good genre (at least it used to be) that showcases talent.

Actually quite a few Americans have heard of them and feedback seems to be positive. Of course they're going by entertainment value not talent.

I had to laugh at the whole begrudgery bit..well because in my whole life I would never have called 'we're stuck with these little cnuts for a while yet' a valid argument. Also..
    'Did he break his leg...I hope so....d**khead'..is that the valid argument you're talking about?
    Not to mention the names...turds, pieces of ****e and elsewhere f***ers, a$$holes, Pr**ks. I'd also like to mention 'devil spawns' too. While these appear to be apt names according to a lot of Irish I don't agree. Annoying? Yes, talentless? Sure, devil spawns? Definitely not.
    Yes they aren't very talented, but lack of talent is kind of what made them popular. They were entertaining on the show and continue to be for millions of non irish.
    They put themselves out there, they went on that show, they got noticed, they got popular. They're having fun and working hard. We know they won't be doing it for long so let them have their 15 minutes. Is anyones life going to suffer because of their success? I'm not a fan of Boyzone but I know I wasn't affected badly by their success...and I travel quite a lot!
    I'm more embarrassed that the irish are no longer known worldwide for their friendly nature. More embarrassed to have witnessed this on far too many occasions.

Jedward shouldn't be attacked because more talented irish bands aren't as successful or recognisable..that's just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Actually quite a few Americans have heard of them and feedback seems to be positive. Of course they're going by entertainment value not talent.

I had to laugh at the whole begrudgery bit..well because in my whole life I would never have called 'we're stuck with these little cnuts for a while yet' a valid argument. Also..
    'Did he break his leg...I hope so....d**khead'..is that the valid argument you're talking about?
    Not to mention the names...turds, pieces of ****e and elsewhere f***ers, a$$holes, Pr**ks. I'd also like to mention 'devil spawns' too. While these appear to be apt names according to a lot of Irish I don't agree. Annoying? Yes, talentless? Sure, devil spawns? Definitely not.
    Yes they aren't very talented, but lack of talent is kind of what made them popular. They were entertaining on the show and continue to be for millions of non irish.
    They put themselves out there, they went on that show, they got noticed, they got popular. They're having fun and working hard. We know they won't be doing it for long so let them have their 15 minutes. Is anyones life going to suffer because of their success? I'm not a fan of Boyzone but I know I wasn't affected badly by their success...and I travel quite a lot!
    I'm more embarrassed that the irish are no longer known worldwide for their friendly nature. More embarrassed to have witnessed this on far too many occasions.

Jedward shouldn't be attacked because more talented irish bands aren't as successful or recognisable..that's just ridiculous.

People wishing death and misery on them is wrong. I didn't say it wasn't. Calling them talentless and for contributing nothing to the music industry is valid.

I had a look at that video where he broke his leg. It was an awful performance. It was not entertaining at all. That's not even subjective.

My life won't be affected negatively by their success. But this is a discussion forum where people voice their opinions and you have to accept that not everyone is going to have nice things to say about Jedward and their music. My opinion is that I find them incredibly annoying. Their accents, their strange relationship and the fact that they are eighteen years old yet sound like twelve years old

E.g.

They will never make it to America looking and sounding like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

People wishing death and misery on them is wrong. I didn't say it wasn't. Calling them talentless and for contributing nothing to the music industry is valid.

I had a look at that video where he broke his leg. It was an awful performance. It was not entertaining at all. That's not even subjective.

My life won't be affected negatively by their success. But this is a discussion forum where people voice their opinions and you have to accept that not everyone is going to have nice things to say about Jedward and their music. My opinion is that I find them incredibly annoying. Their accents, their strange relationship and the fact that they are eighteen years old yet sound like twelve years old

E.g.

Probably best thing to do is ignore them ... there, there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

The lads themselves are pretty funny guys, until they open their mouths to sing, of course.

As music 'artists' so far, all they have done is cover songs in a karaoke like manner. They don't write songs, they don't play instruments, they don't even perform original music. It's disgraceful. What kind of example does it set for their young fans (which I expect would by in the majority). To me it says "Heyyy, all you need is a twin, a funny haircut, and to able to murder some of your favourite songs on a karaoke machine to make it in this music business" .

Jedward are a fad, and the sooner they pass into the unknown, the better it will be for everyone. I only wish real music could make it back into the charts again.

I agree that they will never make it in America, I doubt we'll even see a 2nd album..when I said some Americans knew of them and liked them I didn't mean they were fans of their music. Most of their fans in my opinion are not fans because of their singing voices, I believe if Jedward could sing and weren't so silly they wouldn't have done as well as they did. Yes they are annoying and do sound and look much younger than they are and I don't expect many people to have positive things to say about them because after all they're not vocally talented and at the end of the day they just got lucky didn't they?

I also have the right to voice (pen!) my opinion and after seeing posts that did not contain 'valid arguments' I just wrote what I felt. I read words that should be used for paedophiles not for a couple of Irish lads who are doing nothing but making the most of their 15 minutes. These are the posts I'm directing my opinions at.

Sure I'll join in a discussion about how talentless they are and how I hate them singing and how I'm shocked at how well they're doing and how they seem annoying because it's true however this is not the end of he world as I know it..apparently it is for another poster!:rolleyes:

As music 'artists' so far, all they have done is cover songs in a karaoke like manner. They don't write songs, they don't play instruments, they don't even perform original music. It's disgraceful. What kind of example does it set for their young fans (which I expect would by in the majority). To me it says "Heyyy, all you need is a twin, a funny haircut, and to able to murder some of your favourite songs on a karaoke machine to make it in this music business" .

Jedward are a fad, and the sooner they pass into the unknown, the better it will be for everyone. I only wish real music could make it back into the charts again.

This is a valid argument;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You clearly don't need to sell much to get to Number 1, national embarrassment. They have zero talent, come across as very annoying twats and are nothing but a fad which hopefully will fade very soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It's sad.

If they were so popular, why did their album & single flop in the UK?

• Advertisement

They're ike two Brendan Kilkennys with the hair going in the opposite direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

OK enough complaining. Enough talk. It is time for action.

gun-nut.jpg

angel01 wrote: »
    If they were so popular, why did their album & single flop in the UK?

I don't know why!
    Could it be that they're not great singers?

I don't know why!
    Could it be that they're not great singers?

Or Louis Wlash got as much out of them as possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackthelad456

The lads are making money. Is that not a good thing. After all they are not playing EP so why should the "in" crowd care?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm going to wear mine everyday.:D

http://www.itv.com/documents/pdf/jedward.pdf

Nice to see Jedward and ITV thinking of us all.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm no fan of the x factor, but watched some show on jedward trying to live it alone in a deluxe Dublin apartment - lets all celebrate stupidity and stupid accents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

FUCK OFF JEDWARD.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

thebaz wrote: »
    I'm no fan of the x factor, but watched some show on jedward trying to live it alone in a deluxe Dublin apartment - lets all celebrate stupidity and stupid accents

Get the fook outta here!

When was that on? I like totally missed it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Threads like this will keep them in the public eye.

I say fair play to them , milk it for as long as it lasts.

I don't have to watch or listen to them so they don't bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's quite apt that they are doing advertising for Abrakebabra, both end up being nothing more than a pain in the arse after a while!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

No point in hating Jedward. It's the legions of brain-dead fucktards who buy the landfill fodder with their two gormless heads on it that you should direct your loathing at. Don't forget, these young morons are the future of this country. And for the future, I weep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

jedward are nothing more then a vaginal discharge......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

jedward are nothing more then a vaginal discharge......

Everyone is a vaginal discharge.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

They're annoying, they talk sh*te, they are obsessed with fame for fame's sake & they have stupid haircuts. They remind me of pretty much 80% of the population under the age of 21.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

"Typical Irish begrudgery, " "It's just a bit of fun," "If you don't like them, don't listen to them" etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pace2008 wrote: »
    "Typical Irish begrudgery, " "It's just a bit of fun," "If you don't like them, don't listen to them" etc. etc.

Absolutely. I bet if they were English or American we wouldn't be at all concerned. They are Irish, Dubs at that, and are doing very well, because they have that appeal, fun, enthusiasm and energy, the X factor so to speak,
    That obviously upsets folks. Who else from that show does anyone even remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

walshb wrote: »
    Absolutely. I bet if they were English or American we wouldn't be at all concerned. They are Irish, Dubs at that, and are doing very well, because they have that appeal, fun, enthusiasm and energy, the X factor so to speak,
    You might wanna remove that thanks, mate. I was paraphrasing the usual spiel of the Jedward apologists. I think they're ****e and I think it’s my right, nay, my civic duty to label utter tripe for what it is.

It’s all very well telling me to ignore them, but there they are every day, permeating every media outlet with their big rare heads, reminding everyone that talent goes unheeded whilst mediocrity is championed as the gold standard for which every wannabe superstar should aim.

This kind of vitriol isn’t reserved for our own either. Justin Beiber isn’t exactly the most popular amongst the over 16 demographics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

in the stock room in work there and theres a fecking full shelf of their album.... i feel like burning every single one of them.

also on the jedward front they are re-releasing the same album but this time with christmas songs........ oh joy.

if i ever see them around i am gonna walk up to them and do something really terrible and wouldn't give a flying shite about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

robbie_998 wrote: »
    in the stock room in work there and theres a fecking full shelf of their album.... i feel like burning every single one of them.

also on the jedward front they are re-releasing the same album but this time with christmas songs........ oh joy.

if i ever see them around i am gonna walk up to them and do something really terrible and wouldn't give a flying shite about it

Something really hard, like mess their hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Absolutely. I bet if they were English or American we wouldn't be at all concerned.

Would they go far though?

Richie Kavanagh, Crystal Swing and Jedward have all done really well for themselves - That's an international picture that we paint. I'm not aware of too many international joke acts that do as well...

🤪

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bull. See also: My views on Justin Bieber.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pair of twonks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

Pace2008 wrote: »
    You might wanna remove that thanks, mate. I was paraphrasing the usual spiel of the Jedward apologists. I think they're ****e and I think it’s my right, nay, my civic duty to label utter tripe for what it is.

It’s all very well telling me to ignore them, but there they are every day, permeating every media outlet with their big rare heads, reminding everyone that talent goes unheeded whilst mediocrity is championed as the gold standard for which every wannabe superstar should aim.

This kind of vitriol isn’t reserved for our own either. Justin Beiber isn’t exactly the most popular amongst the over 16 demographics.

here, here!! bravo!! your right on the money. I ask If Jedward are so Irish, why the stupid american accents?
    and why like so many young Irish today, are they obsessed with fame and american TWATs!!!
    saw them on TV last night, "you dont hate us, you hate that you're not us". ****!!!
    id love to hook the head off the two of them, they need a wake up call.

They're surrounded by YES men and kids who tell them they're great. It will be great when they plummet back to earth and their shallow fans, move onto the next big flash in the pan!! Just like shane ward etc, where are all his loyal fans, and YES men now??? when he cant pay the rent.

Jedward are the new cheeky girls. and **** that whole milk it for what it's worth comment ****e. I wouldn't sell my dignity for a million quid and I sure wouldn't suck louis wash for same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't care. They entertain the **** out of me. I know they're extremely camp but their appeal is that they are amazingly unaware of their campness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think they'd be great in "The Human Centipede 2", and Louis Walsh could be the one in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Well, last week I took my 2 teenagers to see Jedward, and I have to say, I was impressed! (yeah, you heard right)

Ok, so they CANT sing, all the songs they did were them singing along to pop songs and dancing etc, but it was highly entertaining and I am 37!

Before the show, my 2 got in to hang out with them for a bit, as we know the venue staff, and they were really lovely lads, not at all pretentious, a bit fluffy headed and blonde bimbo-like, and daft as a brush, they spent ages chatting and posing for pics.
    The show was really energetic and fun, they seemed to really enjoy what they do, and what came across was how close they are to each other, so my opinion has changed - they arent a pair of numptys with no talent, I think they are hard working, decent lads who have had a great opportunity and are making the most of it.
    Good luck to em I say, and as far as role models go, I would rather my teenagers looked to them as role models rather than the likes of Lady GaGa or the other semi-naked singers that simulate sex on stage..

What do you guys think?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Threads merged.

Advertisement