Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking tickets for train online and collecting in carlow train station?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Can this be done. Was going to book a ticket to go to Dublin online for monday and was wondering if i book online can i collect my ticket in carlow? Is this service offered in carlow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

No idea. But this might save you a few quid for your ticket.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055982408

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

just did that hence my urgency to find out. thanks for the heads up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Afaik they can be collected in booking office but not sure if the ticket machine is enabled to print online tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

last time i got the train and booked online carlow told me to get them on the train with the eticket, the inspector told me to get them on my return journey home and had to go to ticket office machine wouldnt print them in dub..

edit that was approx 2 months ago, prefer the bus to train anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

patrickc wrote: »
    last time i got the train and booked online carlow told me to get them on the train with the eticket, the inspector told me to get them on my return journey home and had to go to ticket office machine wouldnt print them in dub..

edit that was approx 2 months ago, prefer the bus to train anyday

sound pat, i've booked online now, sure will be worth the argument with some instructor i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

The ticket machine can print tickets that you've booked online, I've done it.

Advertisement