Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Canal Cycle Sunday 1st 10:45am all welcome

• 29-07-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Meeting on a Sunday morning 10:45am on the 1st of aug at the Luas stop 02 Venue Dublin 1,
    cycling up the canal path to Kilcock, stopping for an energy boost at the 12th lock in Castelknock.
    Then onto the lovely waterside pub in Kilcock, for lunch and a drink, and then returning to Dublin
    Its a cycle going back in time to the 1790s, and as soon as you leave Dublin ie Castleknock
    your straight into the countryside....
    Expect loose gravel, rolling rocks, tree roots, very narrow single track, 40ft deep cuttings, tarmac, hard muck, soft muck, short grass, and dusty trails enroute.
    A good deep tyre tread is advised for this cycle to fend off punctures. PLEASE Bring a spare tube!!!!!
    If you love wildlife, boats, nature, locks, fresh air, the sound of water and peaceful times, then this is a cycle to go for.
    This is a mostly a level cycle as its a canal towpath. but it does climb 247.2feet from Dublin Canal Dock to Kilcock, but this is very very gradual, the biggest climb is from Dublin centre to Cabra,
    These climbs are at the lock gates, so no hills will be enroute.
    The route from Dublin to Kilcock is not a short route by any means but it is very winding & beautiful.

If you enjoyed the Grand canal cycle please please come along to this one !!!!
    It won't disappoint. It is a 25mile/40.2km cycle eachway, but it really really feels less.
    I have done this Royal Canal end to end for charity last July in 8hrs.42mins averaging 10.5mph
    This is not a race, but we will be averaging at least 7-10mph same as The Grand Canal Cycle. So it is relaxing
    Any questions, please ask me by email from this site,,,, and visit my link if you need to see the map intended........ click below
    http://www.iwai.ie/ma...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

cmonnnnnnnnnnnn:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Bump. Sounds fun, will try to make it and bring some others..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

link doesnt work though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

SubLuminal wrote: »
    link doesnt work though..

it did on my webpage, maybe because i copied it over, hm
    yeh that would be great sub, pmen u my number;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Your webpage must have shortened your link so when you copied it over here you only got half of it. Looks like this is the link you need http://www.iwai.ie/maps/royal/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement