Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you got around $21,000

• 29-07-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

The Ultimate Joyride!

The COLLINGS FOUNDATION team of a F4 and A4 have been given permission to offer anybody subject to fitness and safety course the chance of a flight in the said aircraft.so i think i will start saving up as a flight in a phantom would be amazing.

the details

This is a ground breaking program that allows participants to experience these aircraft from the best possible position – the cockpit! This is the ultimate “flight experience. The F-4 Phantom is massive, powerful, fast and loud. Its two General Electric J-79 engines produce over 35,000 pounds of thrust, capable of propelling the fighter to over twice the speed of sound. Joining the Vietnam Memorial flight training program is the world renowned A-4 Skyhawk. The Skyhawk or Scooter, as it was affectionately referred to, is an incredibly nimble attack aircraft that had been flown by pilots such as Senator John McCain during the Vietnam War. Both aircraft provide a lesson in aviation history lesson you will never forget!” says Rob Collings.

The F-4 and A-4 Flight Programs take place at the Collings Foundation’s Houston, Texas campus. Each participant will take part in academic sessions on board the aircraft, including safety procedures, ejection seat training and cockpit orientation, before donning a fight-suit and strapping into one of the most powerful civilian operated fighters in the world. Then the participants experience what has so long been reserved solely for the elite fighter pilots!

Flights will be available starting in September. Now accepting reservations.
    Call 800.568.8924
    Cost: F-4 Phantom $12,500, A-4 Skyhawk $7,800.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The same crowd have a P-51 that you can ride around in.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/images/P-51C/P51LG.3.jpg

Father-in-law went for a spin in it two months ago. Much cheaper, only $2,600 for the half hour. He's been trying for a Mustang ride for three decades.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I've actually been looking all this up lately, great find guys.

I found one where you can take a ride in a B24 Liberator in one of the crew positions. All for under 500 bucks! That's more along my money at the moment...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Excellent post, however for 21K surely I could ask if a straffing run is included. I'd have a list of targets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Manach wrote: »
    Excellent post

Thank you.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Manach wrote: »
    Excellent post, however for 21K surely I could ask if a straffing run is included. I'd have a list of targets :)

yeah but $21K gets you One Seat in One plane

spending that money at say $500 a head to fill up some Bombers would make far more sense to go on a Carpet bombing run.

I'm sure we all have a rather long list of places we'd like to bomb into oblivion:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement