Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transferring Xbox Live Gamertag To A Different Email Address.

• 29-07-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to transfer an existing gamertag to a different email address ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You can do it on your xbox. Go to Account Management and Windows Live ID. Should let you change the email there.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Pretty sure you can do it through the Xbox aswell. Go to the guide, then account management, Windows Live ID and Roberts your fathers brother.

^^
    Just realised I echoed exactly what Orim just said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did this myself ages ago, so memory a bit fuzzy on the matter but I do remember changing the email tied to my windows live ID and doing it from that site. I think I then recovered the gamer tag on the console and gave it the new email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

thanks all for the help,

turns out i've already got a gamertag set up at some point on the email address i am trying to use.

anyone know if i can delete that one and transfer my existing gamertag onto that email address?

i don't want to loose my existing gamertag, but have to change the address it's linked with.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Delete the gamertag associated with that email address you want to use via xbox.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

see if you can log into the live account that you have already set up, change the Live ID. Then set a new one up with your Live ID that you want to use.

The only other option is to pay 800MSP to rename your current gamertag to the one you want.

Pretty sure you cant delete gamertag live accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

cheers for the help

Advertisement