Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do people still belive in God?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If your lucky enough for it (faith) to knock upon your world maybe then you will know?
    lol

Do any of you people give a straight answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

lol

Who are YOU PEOPLE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

What if the defibulator fails?

You think god lets millions of children die of starvation in desperate poverty but throw up a prayer when some middle-class westerner has a heart attack due to the excesses their life has given them, he'll step right in there? :confused:

You think god lets millions of children die of starvation in desperate poverty but throw up a prayer when some middle-class westerner has a heart attack due to the excesses their life has given them, he'll step right in there? :confused:

Havent had a heart attack, but I will say a prayer for you.

Your comment was in relation to another poster, nobody mentioned you and heart-attacks?

I don't need your prayers, why not do something that actually helps people like volunteer, visit old people or give to charity. Ironically I do all three.

• Advertisement

Who are YOU PEOPLE?
    The delusional.

Your comment was in relation to another poster, nobody mentioned you and heart-attacks?

I don't need your prayers, why not do something that actually helps people like volunteer, visit old people or give to charity. Ironically I do all three.

Obviously you feel you need to highlight such charitble attributes.

The delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Havent had a heart attack, but I will say a prayer for you.

And I'll have my shaman dance around with a rattle and a skull to appease the gods.

pray.jpg?w=356&h=282

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Close this stupid thread.

• Advertisement

Obviously you feel you need to highlight such charitble attributes.

I need to highlight prayer is not a charitable attribute and you suggesting praying for me serves of no use other than making you sound insidiously sweet.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the delusional summed it up pretty well... people who believe in a sky fairy who controls their lives and listens to their prayers and will reward them with immortality in a magical land where everything is super dooper all the time

you know, crazy folk

I need to highlight prayer is not a charitable attribute and you suggesting praying for me serves of no use other than making you sound insidiously sweet.

Your opinion and one I respect even if I dont agree!;)

Helix wrote: »
    the delusional summed it up pretty well... people who believe in a sky fairy who controls their lives and listens to their prayers and will reward them with immortality in a magical land where everything is super dooper all the time

you know, crazy folk

Therfore I am crazy, at least now Helix I know whats wrong with me, thanks for your inspired astuteness.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Your opinion and one I respect even if I dont agree!;)

I didn't realise patronising someone with "I'll pray for you to change your mind" was "respect".

bluewolf wrote: »
    I didn't realise patronising someone with "I'll pray for you to change your mind" was "respect".

Dont think Imentioned changing anyones mind.

I especially don't want to be prayed for once told about it as it appears to make the situation worse, rather than better....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer#The_STEP_project

:pac:

aidoh wrote: »
    Close this stupid thread.

At last, someone has copped on to me:D

I especially don't want to be prayed for once told about it as it appears to make the situation worse, rather than better....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer#The_STEP_project

:pac:

Dont believe everything you read, especially wikipedia.

• Advertisement

I don't believe everything I read, that's why I'm not religious.... ;)

Btw, you do realise the study wasn't carried out by wiki, yeah?

I don't believe everything I read, that's why I'm not religious.... ;)

Btw, you do realise the study wasn't carried out by wiki, yeah?

On their Web page so it must be true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Dont believe everything you read, especially wikipedia.
    Did you even bother looking at the sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

On their Web page so it must be true?

Everything on the internet is true. I believe in weblical inerrancy.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Did you even bother looking at the sources?

NO, I am Crazy

Dont believe everything you read

Not even God himself could provide a facepalm worthy enough.

Not even God himself could provide a facepalm worthy enough.

Your location is The Milky Way, you see all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Choices always were a problem for you. What you need is someone strong to guide you.
    Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow, what you need is someone strong to guide you...like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me, now don't you judge or question.
    You are broken now, but faith can heal you. Just do everything I tell you to do.
    Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow, what you need is someone strong to guide you. Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow, let me lay my holy hand upon you. My god's will becomes me, when he speaks, he speaks through me. He has needs, like I do, we both want to rape you.

Jesus christ, why don't you come save my life, now. Open my eyes, blind me with your light, now. Jesus christ, why don't you come save my life, now. Open my eyes, blind me with your lies, now. If you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me, now don't you judge or question. You are broken now, but faith can heal you, just do everything I tell you to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

Devia wrote: »
    So although you know very little one thing you do know is that the majority of the worlds population know very little. I'd like to see the results of this research.
    My opinion, never said it was fact.

Big difference.

And my opinion is based on my cynical nature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

krudler wrote: »
    funny that, if I had a "heart attack" I think I'd rather have a "leap of faith" with "doctors" using "science" to help me, with their magical ways of making sick people better. do I know the workings of a cardiogram or defibulator? nope, would I put more trust in those helping me than my entire family sitting around praying for me? yup.
    I agree, I addressed this in my following post if you were to read back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement