Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO to New Recovery forum

Options
  • 29-07-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

NO to New Recovery forum
    Hi guys

I am in a bit of shock at the moment. My request for a new forum specifically for people giving up or cutting down on addictive substances such as alcohol/drugs etc has been turned down due to the following reason:

Quote: There are real life support groups for people and they should attend them.

Does anyone else have any views on this reason for not allowing the forum?

wow, i am gobsmacked by the response u got from the mods/admin on this. Is there something more to this that we don't know about? i mean it sounds utterly absurd that you get told something like the highlighted quote above. Did u really get this as a reason against the 'recovery' forum/thread idea???

wow wow wow,

baffling, weird almost,

e.
    just my opinion, btw. i aint majorly interested the idea of said forum but can see how valuable it might be to many on here. in fact it seems a very logical forum to have and one wonders why its not there already, or am i on a different planet??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bank

Hi

There doesn't seem to be more to it other than the fact the mods/admin think they will become liable. How/why I don't know. The really ridiculous thing at the moment is, people who are looking to post in such a forum are posting to a forum entitled "non drinkers group" which is supposted to be for people who choose not to drink etc. People who are in recovery or are trying to recovery/or are having problems recovering from alcohol/drugs etc have sort of taken over this formum. Now you may say well whats the problem then, you have a forum to post.

My problem is firstly this is not fair to the people who genuinely want to use this forum for its rightfull purpose and secondly I feel like its a bit like being an ostrich. "I'll just post in this forum and perhaps the mods won't notice. I'll put my head in the sand. Yes I have posted in this forum and it helped but I did come to my senses and realise it was wrong.

Surely we're not that bloody weak or stupid that we can't stand on our own two feet. Unfortunately in general we are a nation of sheep. We just follow no matter what the consequence instead of standing up to be heard. Not everyone is, so don't take offence if your not an Irish sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

There is no "think we will become liable." We are. That is the legal advice we have recieved many times on these matters. Speaking on behalf of the company, we are not comfortable with hosting these types of discussions here.

This forum was never set up to be a "support group" so I'm going to have a chat with the mods.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The last thread created on this was locked for a reason. It baffles me why you think opening a new one would be acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement