Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone offered Setanta deals recently?

• 29-07-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

My current deal ends soon and I doubt they'll be offering the €2.99 a month deals now, especially with the Premier League 'round the corner so just looking to hear who's been offered what recently?

Need to know what to aim for! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I cancelled through their "Contact Us" page on their website. No reply , except when I checked my email, there was a non-delivery report to Setanta. I left it for a couple of days & then rang CS. I had been on their €5 rate for 6 months. Agent offered a further 3 months at the same rate. I declined and asked what email address should I report the non-delivery to. He gave me that and advised that I should send a copy of the non-delivery report in that email. Sent it a week ago.Have heard nothing since.I guess you will get the €5 offer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

am on the 5euro offer too... i would say nearly 90% of their subscribers are on the 5euro offer. how anyone would pay 16.95 a month is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭td1

just been on to them to cancel subscription ... offered €9/month first then €5/month for three months ... still cancelled though ... can't see them surviving on current offering ... losing the rugby v bad news for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My fiver a month offer is up in next few days-will see what they offer,I only watch premier league on it.

am on the 5euro offer too... i would say nearly 90% of their subscribers are on the 5euro offer. how anyone would pay 16.95 a month is beyond me...

Me too. If they don't come back with an offer they can bugger off.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I was with setanta for most of last season, got sick of them because they werent showing us much, and the last 3 months i was paying 5 euro, so when that ended i cancelled..

Got a phone call of them today, offering me setanta back for the new season, he was able to tell me it was a great victory for liverpool last night and he was able to tell me liverpool would be on alot this year on setanta..He must of known i was a liverpool fan..He offered me setanta back with no re-connection fee(I think its usually 15 euro or so to get reconnected) and setanta for €3.90 a week, less that the price of a pint he put it..But that works out at nearly 16 a month, which isnt much cheaper..

He told me they had all their games back of espn, also had all the Europa league games and also had the FA Cup games..

I told id get back to him in a few days, and i also said my Sky was gone, but he claimed i could still get the station in...Has any one got it any cheaper???

I think he told you a few whoopsies. This is from their website.

Remember - Setanta’s Premier League coverage regularly includes action featuring the Top Four clubs which will be music to the ears of Irish supporters. Lots of Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea games are a certainty and fans of Everton, Villa and Spurs won’t be disappointed either.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES14/08/10 15:00 Aston Villa v West Ham
    21/08/10 15:00 ARSENAL v Blackpool
    28/08/10 15:00 LIVERPOOL v West Brom
    11/09/10 15:00 ARSENAL v Bolton
    18/09/10 15:00 Tottenham v Wolverhampton
    25/09/10 15:00 LIVERPOOL v Sunderland
    02/10/10 15:00 Sunderland v MAN UTD
    16/10/10 15:00 MAN UTD v West Brom
    23/10/10 15:00 LIVERPOOL v Blackburn
    30/10/10 15:00 ARSENAL v West Ham
    06/11/10 15:00 MAN UTD v Wolverhampton
    13/11/10 15:00 MAN CITY v Birmingham
    20/11/10 15:00 MAN UTD v Wigan
    27/11/10 15.00 MAN UTD v Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bigron2109 wrote: »

Got a phone call of them today, offering me setanta back for the new season, he was able to tell me it was a great victory for liverpool last night and he was able to tell me liverpool would be on alot this year on setanta..He must of known i was a liverpool fan..He offered me setanta back with no re-connection fee(I think its usually 15 euro or so to get reconnected) and setanta for €3.90 a week, less that the price of a pint he put it..But that works out at nearly 16 a month, which isnt much cheaper..

He told me they had all their games back of espn, also had all the Europa league games and also had the FA Cup games..
    Sounds just like the guy I was talking to last week.
    I have been on the 5 euro a month discount for the last 9 months but it expires at the end of this month.
    I rang up to cancel and they guy I was speaking to was the biggest spoofer ever.
    He told me that Setanta had more sport than Sky !
    Said they were showing more soccer and rugby !
    I said I worked Saturday afternoons so missed the 3pm matches .He then said that Setanta showed EPL matches on a Sunday and that they would be showing USPGA golf later this year.
    The guy hadnt a clue ,talking through his arse.Madness,I had a good laugh with him .
    He said because the English soccer season had started he couldnt offer me the 5 euro a month deal,so he offered me 9.99 a month for 3 months ,then 7.50 a month for 3 months ,which I reluctantly took as I have to give them 30 days notice of cancellation so I'll pay 1 month at 7.50 then thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I think he told you a few whoopsies. This is from their website.

Remember - Setanta’s Premier League coverage regularly includes action featuring the Top Four clubs which will be music to the ears of Irish supporters. Lots of Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea games are a certainty and fans of Everton, Villa and Spurs won’t be disappointed either.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES14/08/10 15:00 Aston Villa v West Ham
    21/08/10 15:00 ARSENAL v Blackpool
    28/08/10 15:00 LIVERPOOL v West Brom
    11/09/10 15:00 ARSENAL v Bolton
    18/09/10 15:00 Tottenham v Wolverhampton
    25/09/10 15:00 LIVERPOOL v Sunderland
    02/10/10 15:00 Sunderland v MAN UTD
    16/10/10 15:00 MAN UTD v West Brom
    23/10/10 15:00 LIVERPOOL v Blackburn
    30/10/10 15:00 ARSENAL v West Ham
    06/11/10 15:00 MAN UTD v Wolverhampton
    13/11/10 15:00 MAN CITY v Birmingham
    20/11/10 15:00 MAN UTD v Wigan
    27/11/10 15.00 MAN UTD v Blackburn.

Setanta are not showing Liverpool V West Brom this saturday.

That list was copied & pasted from their website. I'm guessing the website is like some of their CS agents as described in above posts:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Setanta showing Chelsea v Stoke on Saturday-update from my end of 5 euro a month deal,it expired 3 weeks ago,rang em and yer man in cs told me no deals available as a lot of people were subscribing,after a few minutes I got it for 9.99 p.m - he was adamant that I would have to pay 16.99,told him it wasn't worth it as I only watch Prem Lge.To be fair he seemed well informed about their content and didn't try to spoof me.Got 9.99 and he wouldn't go any lower,for the amount of football I watch I'm happy enough to pay that-price of couple of pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Got it for €7.50 a month for 3 months myself this time, guy even said set a reminder on my phone to ring 31 days before it's up and look for new deal which was fair enough!
    Been well worth having Setanta this year, got 3 months free with An post, then a good few months at €5 and now €7.50 a month, I reckon if I'd have 'pretended to cancel' before the footie started I'd have got more at €5 a month!

Best thing is I have 2 cards in boxes that don't need to be connected to the same phone line! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

reminds me I must cancel mine next week... .anyway I would wonder how many are actually paying 16.99 a month. do they set it that high and then give you it for 7.50 etc knowing full well thats a more realistic price and that 90% of their subscribers are not paying anywhere near full price?
    the fa cup scenario will be very interesting. I wonder did ESPN fail to pick up the irish rights to the uk matches they are showing on ESPN and thats how Setanta claim to be showing up to 40 fa cup matches next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mike tv . sports

i didn't think i'd go back to setanta but espn are down to 23 falpl games this year. they are monday nnight games but the problem with them is that the monday games are only good for the first couple of weeks. if i can get a setanta deal then i'm swapping espn for setanta. 5 man u game in oct/nov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Sure sky have relaunched monday night football. Wi all their gadgets. Dont think they will relinquish any monday games. Espn have shown sat evening and a sunday game at the mo. On another note setanta last payment out few days ago. Have cancelled with them. When tryin to keep me they sai man u on 2nd wee in sept. According to lists above they not on til oct. Dont think i'd miss it now wither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thebox

setanta only have the 3pm saturday games

They are doing a 3 months at 9.99 offer but better still . . . .

They have a reader offer in the sun starting today. you collect three tokens and call them up and get 2 or 3 months free.
    on UPC you get 3 months free and on satelite you get two months free setanta but you have to pay a €5 connection fee. pretty good. little birdie tells me you don't even have to collect the tokens, just ring them and ask for the sun offer and they give it to you as long as you are not a subscriber already. not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Heavens, if there is anything worse than Setanta it's the sun. Good bedfellows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Just rang to cancel, their now doing 3 months at 7.50 a month I'll keep it for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It is quite obvious that Setanta are doing quite poorly with satellite subscribers as they seem to have a different offer every second week.

They have a reader offer in the sun starting today. you collect three tokens and call them up and get 2 or 3 months free.
    on UPC you get 3 months free and on satelite you get two months free setanta but you have to pay a €5 connection fee. pretty good. little birdie tells me you don't even have to collect the tokens, just ring them and ask for the sun offer and they give it to you as long as you are not a subscriber already. not bad.

I am curious. Do you work for Setanta Sports?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Louth_101

Does anyone have the codes from the Sun. I have Tuesdays but am looking for another 1 or 2. I can get Wednesdays tomorrow. Any Help?

Louth_101 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the codes from the Sun. I have Tuesdays but am looking for another 1 or 2. I can get Wednesdays tomorrow. Any Help?

Odds are you won't even be asked if you ring up, I wasn't when I availed of the An Post deal at the beginning of the year...

gtg60 wrote: »
    Odds are you won't even be asked if you ring up, I wasn't when I availed of the An Post deal at the beginning of the year...

you wont be asked to quote them. but here they are
    SUN1054

SUN2768

SUN3852

SUN4143

SUN5289

SUN6382

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

you wont be asked to quote them. but here they are
    SUN1054

SUN2768

SUN3852

SUN4143

SUN5289

SUN6382
    Thats 6 codes, I thought they only started the offer in the sun last weekend, thats less than 6 days ago:confused:

Do you have tonights lotto numbers too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I called to cancel a couple of weeks ago. Got a call from them yesterday - (contract ends next week) and they offered me 3 months at 5 euro a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 medelina

anyone know of any setanta offers at the moment? want to get it in - any idea what price I should be able to get it for? just wondering so I can keep haggling if I think they'll go lower

just rang them and the best they could do was the standard E16.99 p/m with a E14.99 connection fee. they told me there's no offers at the moment. no way I'm signing up for that....it'll be down to my local for any of the matches I want to watch on it

medelina wrote: »
    just rang them and the best they could do was the standard E16.99 p/m with a E14.99 connection fee. they told me there's no offers at the moment. no way I'm signing up for that....it'll be down to my local for any of the matches I want to watch on it

It's renewals that get the deals, you always have to pay the full amount on start-up UNLESS you get one on the trial offers that occasionally come along, the recent one was from the Sun, see a few posts up.

Just rang again today and got my next 3 months for €7.50 (for the 2 cards) again, that's the highest I've ever paid, sometimes I get the €5 deal too!

ok, so that's why there wasn't an offer. I only got sky in this week, so I was too late for the sun offer. you would think it would make sense for them to make me a more reasonable offer considering I was on the phone and ready to sign up - surely a new sign ups money is as good as anyone else's

• Advertisement

ok, so that's why there wasn't an offer. I only got sky in this week, so I was too late for the sun offer. you would think it would make sense for them to make me a more reasonable offer considering I was on the phone and ready to sign up - surely a new sign ups money is as good as anyone else's

If you go to them they know you want it! Ringing and pretending to cancel means they'll do anything (within reason) to keep you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

If you sign up at Setanta.com using the promo code ROONEY before 3pm tomorrow you will get 2 months Setanta for €5. No contract so you can cancel when you like but you must give 30 days notice. So if you only want it for 2 months you call them in 30 days and give your notice to cancel. Otherwise after 2 months the price reverts to 16.99pm.
    regards
    D.

Have you a link for that offer? I cannot find it on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

Have you a link for that offer? I cannot find it on their website.

I received it via e-mail but it's not personalised, send me your e-mail address and I'll forward it on.

denis1501 wrote: »
    I received it via e-mail but it's not personalised, send me your e-mail address and I'll forward it on.

Sorry, Denis. Only online now, so I presume the offer is gone.

denis1501 wrote: »
    If you sign up at Setanta.com using the promo code ROONEY before 3pm tomorrow you will get 2 months Setanta for €5. No contract so you can cancel when you like but you must give 30 days notice. So if you only want it for 2 months you call them in 30 days and give your notice to cancel. Otherwise after 2 months the price reverts to 16.99pm.
    regards
    D.

thanks denis. unfortunately I didn't see your post until now as well and in the end I signed up for 8.50 pm online :mad:

on the plus side I was able to watch JS Park scoring an injury time winner today :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement