Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Racial slurs on Xbox live

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

bryaner wrote: »
    Jaysus your really funny.

Thanks, oh and its you're not your and there is a silent k in knob (from the OP)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

winston82 wrote: »
    Thanks, oh and its you're not your and there is a silent k in knob (from the OP)

:pac:

How petty, actually sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

How petty, actually sad.

Your not good at taking a few jokes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I looooooove it when people decide to try and give me abuse on FIFA, especially the English 'cos they get the most angry, I find. Whenever you start giving some of it back the get angry and you can just run rings around them on the game.:D

joe123 wrote: »
    Your not good at taking a few jokes....

I love jokes, punctuation courses I don't find funny at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Jaysus your really funny.

He's kinda right, though!

To be fair, if he's 17 he's not exactly a kid and probably heard all that before. It's just knob-end geeks letting off some steam - you should be proud of him whuppin some engerlish ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

baz2009 wrote: »
    I looooooove it when people decide to try and give me abuse on FIFA, especially the English 'cos they get the most angry, I find. Whenever you start giving some of it back the get angry and you can just run rings around them on the game.:D

I was playing MW2 and two English lads were goin at it one night and shouting out each others actual addresses over the game, each telling the other to come down and sort sh1t out face-to-face and swearing they'd kill the other. Everyone else egging them on, hilarious stuff! Ended up trying to get each other and were pretty much cannon fodder for everyone else:pac:

He's kinda right, though!

To be fair, if he's 17 he's not exactly a kid and probably heard all that before. It's just knob-end geeks letting off some steam - you should be proud of him whuppin some engerlish ass!

Well happy with him whipping ass, and as I said earlier it was me that was pissed
    off more so than him.

Just realised that "Guinness drinking Irish cont!" is probably one of thee worst insults I have ever heard, it's something a 7 yo would say, ffs.

How is it racist?

Just realised that "Guinness drinking Irish cont!" is probably one of thee worst insults I have ever heard, it's something a 7 yo would say, ffs.

How is it racist?

Jaysus we have one here.. your obviously stupid.

• Advertisement

Jaysus we have one here.. your obviously stupid.

Obviously stupid?:rolleyes:

Because anyone who wouldn't be offended by a foreigner saying that you drink a drink that has played a big part in what Ireland is, is stupid?
    In all fairness, if your son gets offended by that, God knows how he gets through secondary school, tbh.

Obviously stupid?:rolleyes:

Because anyone who wouldn't be offended by a foreigner saying that you drink a drink that has played a big part in what Ireland is, is stupid?
    In all fairness, if your son gets offended by that, God knows how he gets through secondary school, tbh.

Looks like you should have gone further in school seeing as you don't seem
    to understand racist remarks.

Also read previous posts thicko!! :rolleyes:

Looks like you should have gone further in school seeing as you don't seem
    to understand racist remarks.

I'm in 5th year.
    I understand racists remarks very well.
    You must have lived a very sheltered life if you find that racist.
    Also read previous posts thicko!! :rolleyes:

I'm not usually a spellchecker, I don't like it, tbh. But you can't spell knob and you can't use basic punctuation, maybe you should have tried harder in school.;)

Oh, and :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm in 5th year.

I'm not usually a spellchecker, I don't like it, tbh. But you can't spell knob and you can't use basic punctuation, maybe you should have tried harder in school.;)

Well get on the books kido and nob is nob when I'm talking about a bell end like
    you.

Call mammy for a nice warm milk now nighty night.

Well get on the books kido and nob is nob when I'm talking about a bell end like
    you.

Call mammy for a nice warm milk now nighty night.

That is spelt knob.
    That's 3 posts of personal abuse from you.:)

Well I could just...nah too easy.;)

I'm in 5th year.

Irish cont not racist? I don't hold much hope for your leaving. :eek:

That is spelt knob.
    That's 3 posts of personal abuse from you.:)

Well I could just...nah too easy.;)

Soft!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

brayner, judging from your reactions to both the tard sending messages and people on this thread, I think you need to 1) grow a thicker skin and 2) learn about the internet a bit more. It's not a nice place. At all.

I don't see how you're posting personal abuse back at people in this thread is any different to the message you/your son received by the way. Maybe take a step back and think how you ended up in this position and then wonder about how a numpty on the end of an XBox mic ended up sending your son a pretty stupid statement.

Irish cont not racist? I don't hold much hope for your leaving. :eek:

Would you consider the word "Cúnt" to be racist? I would certainly hope not.
    Unless your son is embarrassed about being Irish, then being called Irish certainly isn't racist.

Whereas if he called your son a Paddy prick or a Taig or something to that effect, it would be considered racist, imo.
    Even though Irishness is a nationality, not a race.

As for the soft comment, well :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

Would you consider the word "Cúnt" to be racist? I would certainly hope not.
    Unless your son is embarrassed about being Irish, then being called Irish certainly isn't racist.

Whereas if he called your son a Paddy prick or a Taig or something to that effect, it would be considered racist, imo.
    Even though Irishness is a nationality, not a race.

As for the soft comment, well :rolleyes:.

Have a quick Google sunshine.

Have a quick Google sunshine.

Not gonna waste any more time on you, you obviously need to read up on what happens on the big bad internet sometimes.

I'd suggest you take Kharn's advice.

Kharn wrote: »
    brayner, judging from your reactions to both the tard sending messages and people on this thread, I think you need to 1) grow a thicker skin and 2) learn about the internet a bit more. It's not a nice place. At all.

I don't see how you're posting personal abuse back at people in this thread is any different to the message you/your son received by the way. Maybe take a step back and think how you ended up in this position and then wonder about how a numpty on the end of an XBox mic ended up sending your son a pretty stupid statement.

Cheers but I'm slightly baffled how a few can't see how Irish cont is not a racist
    slur.

Not gonna waste any more time on you, you obviously need to read up on what happens on the big bad internet sometimes.

I'd suggest you take Kharn's advice.

Good lad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

People, this is the Xbox forum and not After Hours.

OP posted with a valid question and has received a number of smart arsed comments. I don't care if his son is 17 or 9, he has a right to be concerned as a parent if he feels it is warranted. Allowing an under 18 to play Gears of War is his decision as a parent, and his alone.

Winston82 and Baz2009 if a poster has a problem, please post constructively if you are going to post at all. As I said, this is not after hours. Commenting on peoples grammar when the person is obviously passionate about the thread subject is not appreciated, regardless of wheter it was warranted or not.

Bryaner, I can understand you are very upset by what occurred. However, this is part and parcel of playing online. I get 2-3 racially abusive messages a day when I play Street Fighter. Gears of War is an over-18s game, and if you give a minor the permission to enter an area where over-18s are actively playing, then you have to accept that these things could happen. Kharn and Rooney in particular have given very useful advice, and as a parent, you need to make whatever choices you see fit regarding the situation re a complaint to Microsoft.

All that being said, however, personal abuse is not tolerated, especially not multiple instances. You posted a comment about your son being abused and yet you did the same to other people here. 7-day ban for multiple instances of personal abuse.

Thread has served it's purpose. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement