Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Opinions On Teenage Drinking

Options
  • 29-07-2010 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

When I was a teenager getting smashed was always alot of fun. I don't mind teenagers going out and having a laugh, but if they do anything stupid like get pregnant or in a lads case, get a girl pregnant then, I think all of us are against that. So AH, When you see visibly drunk teens what are your opinions? When you were that age, what are your best memories?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Roamc wrote: »
    When I was a teenager get smashed was always alot of fun. I don't mind teenagers going out and having a laugh, but if they do anything stupid like get pregnant, get a girl pregnant, or kill someone then, I think all of us are against that. So AH, When you see visibly drunk teens what are your opinions? When you were that age, what are your best memories?

My best memory of teenage drinking was the night I got a bird pregnant and then killed someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

When I was a teenager get smashed was always alot of fun. I don't mind teenagers going out and having a laugh, but if they do anything stupid like get pregnant, get a girl pregnant, or kill someone then, I think all of us are against that. So AH, When you see visibly drunk teens what are your opinions? When you were that age, what are your best memories?

Are you saying that a teenanger getting pregnant / getting someone pregnant is as bad as killing somebody?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Like ya said, once they're not doing anything too stupid, doesn't bother me.

I used to be allowed under age drink in my relatives. If i'm with my nephew(who's 17 now but has been drinking a couple of years), i'll let him have a few. Better than going off and not knowing where they are and what he's up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Some of us can control ourselves maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Roamc

Are you saying that a teenanger getting pregnant / getting someone pregnant is as bad as killing somebody?

No, I'm saying that teenage pregnancies are just another conclusion of one of those rare bad nights out. Stabbings are pretty common also, I was just popping some things in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Hold your horses there! Teenage pregnancy and mur diddly urder beside each other under the title of stupid things?

'Went out last night, brought a girl home. Had no money for the taxi so I killed him. Sur I was wasted' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

but if they do anything stupid like get pregnant, get a girl pregnant

Of all the stupidness, this is the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

kfallon wrote: »
    My best memory of teenage drinking was the night I got a bird pregnant and then killed someone!
    I'll have to agree with that one.
    It was awesome the night I poled some skanger and then killed her.
    KFallon, was it you?

Hey, I was a teenager and didn't know any better. That's forgivable, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

No, I'm saying that teenage pregnancies are just another conclusion of one of those rare bad nights out. Stabbings are pretty common also, I was just popping some things in.

I once stabbed a woman after a drunken night out.

With my cock.

Of all the stupidness, this is the winner.

Care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

So AH, When you see visibly drunk teens what are your opinions?

Have I time to run home for my rape cape?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Terry wrote: »
    I'll have to agree with that one.
    It was awesome the night I poled some skanger and then killed her.
    KFallon, was it you?

Hey, I was a teenager and didn't know any better. That's forgivable, right?

Terry I helped you dig the hole you buried her in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I love teenage drinking - I don't have any memories of it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

My thoughts
    1) A lot of people who give off about underage drinking would have done the same themselves back in the day
    2) It would be harmless enough if it wasnt coupled with a culture of binge drinking (although this is largely a case of teenagers aping their supposedly more mature elders)
    3) Longterm teenage smoking is a lot worse but has been largely (and disgracefully) tolerated until fairly recently.
    4) This legal age of 18 is a bit of a sacred cow which is rarely questioned and we need a serious debate on reducing the drinking age (perhaps on a sliding scale according to the strength of the alcohol like they have in Germany) but there should still be measures (more than at present) against drinking outdoors (in parks, open spaces etc) where it is more likely to become a danger/nuisance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I once had a 15 year old Chateau Margaux this year.

Delightful teenage drinking.

Impeccable vintage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's better fun when you're not supposed to be doing it

Like riding in a church

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Is this about teenage drinking or teenage drunkenness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What strategies did people come up with to make their bags look non empty when they came home? I got caught a beaut that way - went out with bag full of cans, came home with bag stuffed with friends' scarves... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

mmmm I like drunk teenagers !!
    I usually hide behind the ditches to watch them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dudess wrote: »
    What strategies did people come up with to make their bags look non empty when they came home? I got caught a beaut that way - went out with bag full of cans, came home with bag stuffed with friends' scarves... :o

Did your parents never question why you had a bag full of your friends' scarves?

• Advertisement

"The doctor removed my left ventricle and atrium," Tom said half-heartedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

To be honest, I think that the consumption of alcohol should be seen as less of a taboo, especially amongst teenagers. Young people are always attracted to the taboo; if they're told not to do something, they're more likely to do it. I also think that children should be allowed to drink with their parents at age 16. That way, their first alcoholic experience will be in a more natural environment with family and other relatives (i.e., the ruling classes in their eyes) and not in the unnatural setting of a field with mates smuggling around cans of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I'd rather be caught drinking while I was underage than while driving tbh.

Edit:

Actually, now that i think of it, my latest memory of teenage drinking (even tho I'm 18) was having two friends over to my house last night, both also 18. One of them started hoovering up spilt beer with the hoover and now my parents think i was having a house party, and I've to spend my next two weeks money buying a new one tomorrow. No beer for me for the next two weeks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The Devil.

We have a whole section devoted to teenage drinkers down here in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

To be honest, I think that the consumption of alcohol should be seen as less of a taboo, especially amongst teenagers. Young people are always attracted to the taboo; if they're told not to do something, they're more likely to do it. I also think that children should be allowed to drink with their parents at age 16. That way, their first alcoholic experience will be in a more natural environment with family and other relatives (i.e., the ruling classes in their eyes) and not in the unnatural setting of a field with mates smuggling around cans of beer.

Children can drink with their parents at 16. In fact I think it's a lot younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I THINK IT'S SAVAGE!! *HIC*

I ALSO THINK I BROKE MY CPAS LPKC BUTTN! :(

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Children can drink with their parents at 16. In fact I think it's a lot younger.

According to Wiki, there isn't an age limit as long as there is parental consent, too bad alot of parents don't know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I think my problem with teenage drinking is that there is often not enough alternatives to it. I know when I was 16, that was all there was to entertain yourself in the (not entirely small) town I lived in. It didn't even have a cinema and it was a capital town. It still doesn't actually.

I'd prefer to see a more European approach to alcohol so that there is not the taboo that makes it attractive in the first place. It's like my attitude to weed etc. Not necessarily bad unless it has all teenagers have/do to occupy their time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Popeyes

When I was a teenager getting smashed was always alot of fun. I don't mind teenagers going out and having a laugh, but if they do anything stupid like get pregnant or in a lads case, get a girl pregnant then, I think all of us are against that. So AH, When you see visibly drunk teens what are your opinions? When you were that age, what are your best memories?

My favorite memory was getting dome off this chick and then putting the moves on her sister - who was also present - about ten minutes later.

I didn't succeed, but I came reasonably close - lots of hugging and touching and so forth.

But even in her drunken state, she was too much of an ethical wench to to that to her sister.

I also fondly remember meeting my girlfriends mother for the first time while fooked drunk...

A unique experience.

Advertisement