Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Opinions On Teenage Drinking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

In my experiance those I know that didn't drink till they were 18 discovered the daemon and flew off the rails, underage drinking is just training for real world drinking imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

IMO drinking in general is stupid. I think that the kids who drink are stupid zombies who only drink because everyone else is. Drinking at a young age can have negative effects on the brain as it is still developing.

But yeah, leave them at it if they aren't doing any harm to anyone else. Same goes for other drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Jesus my teen years would have been boring without drinking.

cypharius wrote: »
    I think that the kids who drink are stupid zombies who only drink because everyone else is. Drinking at a young age can have negative effects on the brain as it is still developing.

Nooooooooo,

I'm pretty sure I drank at a young age cause I wanted to be drunk.

Oh wait, maybe i'm confusing the want to be drunk with the "need to fit in".
    Damn those negative effects on my brain.

Oh well, I guess we'l never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I think its great.

then again I am 18 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Of all the stupidness, this is the winner.

The word you're looking for is stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Of all the stupidness, this is the winner.

LOLTROLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

kfallon wrote: »
    My best memory of teenage drinking was the night I got a bird pregnant and then killed someone!

A bird? that's kinda gross.

Teenage drinking, did it at home or at college. Grew out of it.
    Wish it wasn't seen as such a "cool" forbidden thing, maybe people would grow out of it more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

How many adults have gone out got drunk and had one night stands and ended up pregnant? You can't just say its a youth problem, but i agree it is worse for a teen but its not just teens. Its the same as everything in life though, You'll have a large percentage of teens who drink have fun, and don't cause a problem, however there is always that group who'll get bored and try something stupid and ruin the fun for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I was drinking in fields at 13/14 so when i see it now i dont think anything of it. As long as they're not causing trouble it doesnt really bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Teens drinking (a reasonable amount) with responsible adults present. No issues.

Teens hanging around towns, drinking on the streets, getting into pubs/clubs, no proper supervision etc is going to lead to problems.

Never saw the fun of going out trying to sneak a few cans with friends etc myself, probably because I knew that I could have a few at home as long as my parents were around.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Teenage drinking was great, coming in, scrubbing your teeth and then trying to act sober in front on your parents. The drinking nights were the only ones where you went to bed nearly as soon as you go it in. The ritual would be:

- brush teeth
    - go down to living room, make small talk to parents to prove you are sober
    - after exactly 1 min of small talk proclaim "Ah I'm shattered, I'm gonna go to bed"
    - up the stairs thinking "1-0 to me"

Suckers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

bluewolf wrote: »
    A bird? that's kinda gross.

Teenage drinking, did it at home or at college. Grew out of it.
    Wish it wasn't seen as such a "cool" forbidden thing, maybe people would grow out of it more

Everyone grows out of it.

It happens after you're 20th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Everyone grows out of it.

It happens after you're 20th birthday.

I meant binge drinking :p

But you never grow out of minge drinking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

kfallon wrote: »
    Teenage drinking was great, coming in, scrubbing your teeth and then trying to act sober in front on your parents. The drinking nights were the only ones where you went to bed nearly as soon as you go it in. The ritual would be:

- brush teeth
    - go down to living room, make small talk to parents to prove you are sober
    - after exactly 1 min of small talk proclaim "Ah I'm shattered, I'm gonna go to bed"
    - up the stairs thinking "1-0 to me"

Suckers! :D

or being that ridiculasly drunk that you drop your keys and kick them accross the hallway, as you bend down to pick them up your dad opens the door to see what the rackets about you slir I dropped my keys... then loose your ballance and fall over...

to which your dad does one things

starts to laugh in your face...:D

or being that ridiculasly drunk that you drop your keys and kick them accross the hallway, as you bend down to pick them up your dad opens the door to see what the rackets about you slir I dropped my keys... then loose your ballance and fall over...

to which your dad does one things

starts to laugh in your face...:D

We've all been that soldier!!!

Advertisement